TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

TurboCadCam Version3 on Windows 7?
Read 6117 times
* January 25, 2010, 10:24:12 PM
I have been using TurboCadCam Version 3 for a few years on windows XP without issue.  A month back, my machine went south so I purchased a new machine which came with Windows 7.  I installed TurboCadCam without issue but there is no CAM menu???  I have the CAM pallet but none of the buttons seem to do anything. ???

Am I crazy to assume this would have worked fine or is there something extra to get the Cam plugin to work with windows 7?

BTW, TurboCadCam V3 is actually TurboCad 11.1 + Cam plugin.
I applied the Patch to 11.2 but same result.

* January 25, 2010, 10:47:10 PM
Humph...something simple I tried "Run as administrator" seems to have taken care of it.

* January 29, 2010, 04:45:26 PM
I was wrong again.  Although I now have a CAM menu, there is only settings submenu.  I cannot start a CAM job.  Any ideas?
I reran the installer as administrator and Windows XP sp2 compatibility with no change.  I also set the app for Windows XP sp2 compatibility mode and run as administrator but did not help.

If I don't run as administrator, the CAM menu is not present.

* January 30, 2010, 07:53:20 PM
I'm happy things are on right path at your end. ;D

W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

February 02, 2010, 04:02:09 PM
I was wrong again.  Although I now have a CAM menu, there is only settings submenu.  I cannot start a CAM job.  Any ideas?
I reran the installer as administrator and Windows XP sp2 compatibility with no change.  I also set the app for Windows XP sp2 compatibility mode and run as administrator but did not help.

If I don't run as administrator, the CAM menu is not present.

Try uninstalling the plug-in & then re-install using "Run As Administrator" mode.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* February 05, 2010, 03:37:12 PM
Seems to be fully working now.  I built a new project and ran the GCode on my machine without any issues.

What I did:
Uninstall TCC 3
Turn off UAC features of Windows 7 (from control panel, programs and features)
Reinstall TCC 3

Thanks to W.D. for the recommendation to turn off UAC. ;D

* December 11, 2017, 07:23:22 AM
I'm having similar problems with the Cam plugin on my windows 7 machine.  I have TC pro V12 and cam V3.5.   I've done all the uninstall and re-install and l am still having problems. Can someone clarify what the UAC features mentioned in the previous posts are and how you turn this off?   I can't see this feature in the control panel.  This all worked fine on my XP machine. 
Thanks

* December 11, 2017, 10:13:42 AM
UAC = User Account Control
Go to "Control Panel / User Accounts".
Click on "Change User Account Control settings".
Move the slider to the bottom.

Hope this helps…

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* December 11, 2017, 01:32:37 PM
Thanks John for the info.
Unfortunately this didn't solve the latest problem I'm having.
 I'm going to open up a new thread on the problem which has to do with the cam machine setup in the Cam tool.
It won't open up a new window when I select CNC setup.  IE it won't let me create a new machine.
Carl.