TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Old (very) TurboCAD files.
Read 975 times
* October 20, 2017, 01:36:26 AM
Hello, we have about 120 drawings created in what we think may be version 1 or 2 and we cannot open them in anything available now. They are 1995-97 vintage. We would obviously like them converted to something a bit more modern! Can anyone help? We are obviously willing to pay a reasonable fee. Examples attached.

* October 20, 2017, 03:11:05 AM
Peter,  what version do you have,  v1 files have to be opened and saved in v2 format first, then they should open, or there is also free v4 which will open v2 files, and once saved should open in most modern TC's (as a test I could open v2 and v4 files in TC 2017).

For TC V2 see Here (needed to convert your v1 files)
and TC v4 is Here (Its called TC learning edition)

Both are free to download and use  ##Edit## assuming you have a PC capable of installing them, I have them on a windows xp computer, and in the first thread above the person was using v1 on windows 7 with virtual xp ##End Edit##
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:22:53 AM by Andy H »

* October 23, 2017, 03:03:44 AM
Peter,  what version do you have,  v1 files have to be opened and saved in v2 format first, then they should open, or there is also free v4 which will open v2 files, and once saved should open in most modern TC's (as a test I could open v2 and v4 files in TC 2017).

For TC V2 see Here (needed to convert your v1 files)
and TC v4 is Here (Its called TC learning edition)

Both are free to download and use  ##Edit## assuming you have a PC capable of installing them, I have them on a windows xp computer, and in the first thread above the person was using v1 on windows 7 with virtual xp ##End Edit##

Andy,

Thanks! I dug out an old XP laptop and installed V2 and it works. Saved me hours of re-drawing.