TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

RedSDK uv mapping
Read 739 times
* October 17, 2017, 07:18:12 AM
I am trying to learn uv mapping in RedSDK with TC 2017 Pro-Platinum 64--bit.  All the examples, manuals, tutorials on uv mapping seem to use Lightworks.  I can use the steps for Lightworks until I get to the point of creating a RedSDK material at which point I am flying blind.  Can someone point me to a tutorial for RedSDK that includes uv mapping?

I have searched the net, this forum and read the pertinent sections in the manual in Help.  I'm not asking someone to do the research for me, but if there is a simple step I am missing it would help.

Wayne

* October 17, 2017, 12:01:48 PM
I'm no expert at uv,  but which part is causing problem,   I'm guessing you have in a 2D image into the drawing to use for UV, so

For the material wrapping, options menu - materials - edit RedSDK materials, in the left part of the dialog, expand TC Database if not expanded, right click the word Material, and Add Category, type in UV (or whatever), you should now have a UV material folder, expand it if not expanded, and there will be default, for now you can use that,  click default material to open it in the right hand side..

In the options tab tick Fresnel (no other reason other than I do it),  click colour tab, change the drop down from colour to Texture Map, against 'diffuse texture' click the folder icon and find the same image you inserted into the drawing, for this test leave everything else alone here, click Reflectance tab and ensure the slider its all the way to the left (Black), do the same with the Transmission tab,  click OK to exit the dialog,  assign the new material to the 3D part as normal, for example select object, Material palette, find the new material, right click it and select 'Set Material'

Continue as per the Lightworks tutorial.  This isn't the only way but a start for experimenting.

* October 17, 2017, 01:33:53 PM
Yep, that was it.  I wasn't sure about where to put the picture file in the material. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to address my question.

Wayne