TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Lightworks Area Lighting
Read 342 times
* October 17, 2017, 02:00:36 AM
Ive had some trouble trying to get the right lighting for the animation scene, none seem good enough and I know that it's my lighting that failing me. But I did find that area lighting might be the answer therefore I want to try area lighting within the warehouse to create a simple lighting scene for simulating the autohandler design in animation lab.

Ive attached the warehouse which is still under construction but this simple design serves the purpose for animation I think. All the animation is done but until I solve the lighting Im stuck. Not sure how to setup area lighting can anyone offer suggestions?

Daz
warehouse.png
autohandler.png
NewWarehouse1.tcw

Thanks Daz
TCW V21, 2016 & 2017 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

October 17, 2017, 08:41:43 AM
Ive had some trouble trying to get the right lighting for the animation scene, none seem good enough and I know that it's my lighting that failing me. But I did find that area lighting might be the answer therefore I want to try area lighting within the warehouse to create a simple lighting scene for simulating the autohandler design in animation lab.

Ive attached the warehouse which is still under construction but this simple design serves the purpose for animation I think. All the animation is done but until I solve the lighting Im stuck. Not sure how to setup area lighting can anyone offer suggestions?

Daz
warehouse.png
autohandler.png
NewWarehouse1.tcw

Have you seen this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foK5lCWtg-A
It uses luminance point lights to illuminate a warehouse type area.

I have always found area lights to require a lot of additional time during renders.

* October 17, 2017, 03:47:52 PM
Don thankyou for the tip Im checking this now.

Daz

Thanks Daz
TCW V21, 2016 & 2017 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best