TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Redsdk Wireframe Text Unreadable
Read 141 times
* October 12, 2017, 10:29:26 AM
I am unable to find an acceptable Wireframe display with Redsdk. Text and dashed lines are jagged and generally unreadable unless I zoom right in. I can improve text by boosting Wireframe anti-aliasing under Options \ Native Draw but then the lines are grey and indistinct instead of bold and sharp. Is there another setting that would improve matters?

Hardware vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)/PCIe/SSE2
GPU chipset: nVidia G400
Driver version: NVIDIA Forceware 375.63
OpenGL version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.63

In Win 10\Pro\64
16GB RAM

October 12, 2017, 12:16:09 PM
Hi,

have you tried running under GDI?
    This may help to ascertain, if the problem is related to RedSDK, or not.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* October 12, 2017, 01:20:50 PM
Yes - No problems running under GDI. I assume then that I should be able to see sharp text under Redsdk?

October 12, 2017, 02:15:57 PM
Yes - No problems running under GDI. I assume then that I should be able to see sharp text under Redsdk?

I wouldn't assume so!  ;D
    I don't run with RedSDK, but feel sure someone here, will resolve your issue/s with text.
    Could you post an example file, that illustrates the problem?

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* October 12, 2017, 03:20:35 PM
Here's an extract from the drawings I am working on lately. Created in TCW18.2 and then migrated to 2016 (both Pro-Plat).

In wireframe and Draft, the text and dashed lines are fuzzy (Hidden Line is OK). I can smooth the text in Options\Reddsk but then the lines are blurred and grey.

Also attached a couple of self-explanatory screen-shots

Thanks,
Sean

* October 12, 2017, 04:48:22 PM
Text is certainly not one of RedSDK's strong points,  I use a compromise, I turn test smoothing about half way (which for me doesn't seem to make any difference), and use engine wireframe at 2x. the best I could come up with, - its the same in 2017.