TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

CNC Setup Help
Read 6617 times
* January 24, 2010, 06:02:32 PM
I have a CNC Plasma table and I am trying to configure TCC for my machine. I think if I understand right, TCC can be set up for my own machine. Since I've had my Plasma table I've been using a couple of other programs to do my toolpaths and offsets, generating G-codes. Since I do my drawing in TC, I would like to do this in TCC so I don't have to save as DXF,open in another program, then toolpath, then send to the machine. Some times I do have to tweak the drawing a bit. This would be easier in TCC rather than swithing back and forth from program to pragram. I have read the TCC manual and watched the Turbocad Essentials Videos but just don't seem to be catching on. My plasma tables post procesor uses a couple G-codes not found in the TCC selection. I think they can be added but not sure how to set all of this up. Is anyone here willing and able to help with this. I know a little about G-codes(vey little) for I am self taught from running my table.If anyone would be willing to talk, I would like to talk about this. My typing skills are next to none and it takes me forever to communicate by typing. I am using TCC 11.2. Thanks tlf92
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:23:22 PM by tlf92 »

February 15, 2010, 03:36:35 PM
I have a CNC Plasma table and I am trying to configure TCC for my machine. I think if I understand right, TCC can be set up for my own machine. Since I've had my Plasma table I've been using a couple of other programs to do my toolpaths and offsets, generating G-codes. Since I do my drawing in TC, I would like to do this in TCC so I don't have to save as DXF,open in another program, then toolpath, then send to the machine. Some times I do have to tweak the drawing a bit. This would be easier in TCC rather than swithing back and forth from program to pragram. I have read the TCC manual and watched the Turbocad Essentials Videos but just don't seem to be catching on. My plasma tables post procesor uses a couple G-codes not found in the TCC selection. I think they can be added but not sure how to set all of this up. Is anyone here willing and able to help with this. I know a little about G-codes(vey little) for I am self taught from running my table.If anyone would be willing to talk, I would like to talk about this. My typing skills are next to none and it takes me forever to communicate by typing. I am using TCC 11.2. Thanks tlf92

Well I was new to g-code when I started with TCC. For what it is worth, I just modified the FANUC post processor to operate my CNC router, which runs with Mach3. It is not perfected but I get by. For more CNC specific help try CNC Zone, http://www.cnczone.com. I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 07:35:49 AM by kmartin »

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* February 15, 2010, 04:15:30 PM
Thanks for the reply kmartin. I'll try on cnc zone because I would try to modify one of the current ones but I really don't know how to do that. Plasma uses different codes to start and stop the torch, and doesn't use a lot of the others that a mill or lathe would use.I'm hoping to find someone I can talk that can explain this to me. Thanks again tlf92

February 16, 2010, 03:11:14 AM
Is your plasma table a self made one or is it sold by a company ?
If by the company, you can ask them for a list of used G-codes.

I do not understand the problem for 100% (language problem),
but i have a written G-code list I have for a while now.

I can look for it to find a specific code for ON/OFF.

But ask first the company for there used G-codes.

Marc

greetings from belgium (Pajottenland)
WIN 8.1/10 - x64
- TC 9 --> TC 16.2 / 52.0 pro Platinum
- AnimationLab 4.4 - MontageCenter 1.0
- CAM plug-in for v 16

* February 16, 2010, 07:07:18 AM
Thanks for the reply Marc
My Table is a Dyna-Torch. I have a list of all of the G-codes and M-Codes that they use and a description of what each of them do. I just don't know how to go about setting up TCC to use them to write G-codes for my machine.If you have somewhere I can e-mail them to I would do that. Thans Ted

February 16, 2010, 07:28:31 AM
Did you check out CNC Zone? I am sure you can get all of the CNC help you need there. Believe me, I have spent countless hours searching & reading posts there. Also, what software package did you get with your machine? On thier web site they have several listed.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 07:30:25 AM by kmartin »

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* February 16, 2010, 02:17:56 PM
I haven't checked out CNC zone yet. I have We-cim , which is a good program, and also have Enroute. Also a pretty good program. Both of these progams can toolpath my DXF drawings as well as Dyna Torch has a dxf converter to do this. However DT's converter toolpaths the geometry as drawn but doesn't do tool offsets.(o.k. for artwork but not for parts.) I'm getting along with these , but I would like to be able to just do all of my tooling in TCC rather than having to save DXF that I've drawn in TCC, then reopening in another progam to set toolpath befor sending it t Dyna Torch as a cnc file.