TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

TurboCAD - 2 major issues of previous versions (Resolved in latest versions)
Read 2003 times
October 04, 2017, 06:47:12 AM
1. Built-in folder/User profile related issues Another commonly reported symptom is one or more tools will suddenly stop working as designed. In many cases deleting the contents of the built-in folder specific to the product will solve the problem.
For the TC 2016 builds, the paths are:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2016\Professional x64\Profiles\Built-in
In cases where deleting the built-in contents does not work, a clean install of the current full (non-patched/updated) build is required.

IMSI believes these problems are related to the either user customization and/or installed auto-updates or patches.

To help track and identify built-in folder related problems, Created a spreadsheet

After consideration - File link deleted by Moderator (Andy) due to the customer details it contained

There is one final point worth mentioning based on customer feedback. It seems having TurboCAD run for extended periods of time without restarting, may contribute to instability. So for instance, running TC for 4+ hours, including periods when the system. goes to sleep, is a scenario that needs to be tested.

Users unable to run the 64-bit version of TurboCAD We are being contacted by a growing number of user’s who simply cannot to run the 64-bit versions of TurboCAD after their initial full build installation. In almost all cases they are able to run the 32 bit versions of the application.
The exact behavior is that the program installs without issue. When the user clicks on the program icon the TCStart.exe window is displayed. The user then clicks OK, Cancel or New and the TCStart window goes away. After that nothing happens. Even if users wait an exorbitant amount of time the application never launches. At this point neither the TCStart.exe nor the TCW.exe is listed as running in the (Apps) applications list in Task Manager. However, the TCW.exe will be listed as a running Background process.
We have tried the obvious things like installing and launching TC using “Run as Administrator” but this does not work.

Verified fixed in TC2017:
Now these issues will not occur again on any latest TC builds TC2017 & TC2017.5 Applications.
•   Verified contents inside built-in folder located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2016\Professional x64\Profiles\Built-in
•   Affect on application in case of deleting contents
•   Affect on application in case of clean install
•   Affect of application on fresh windows
•   Reproduction of user issues compiled by Travis (previously)
•   Tested both installers on VM
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 12:34:15 AM by Andy H »

Thanks & Regards,
Zunair Attif
Manager QA\Support
IMSI Design
Email: zattif@imsidesign.com

* October 04, 2017, 07:44:07 AM
Zunair

I'm not sure it was wise to publish customer E-mail addresses on an open forum,  especially if any are not forum members,  though I assume they gave permission for their E-mail to be published.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:01:30 AM by Andy H »

* October 04, 2017, 09:30:30 AM
In my opinion, this topic should be moved to the "TC 2017 Bugs" board in the Beta section.

Andy is correct. Customer information should never be published for hackers to exploit.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* October 04, 2017, 10:08:39 AM
I probably shouldn't really do this being as Zunair is forum Admin.

But I've been thinking about the file which was above, even more after reading John's post, and I disagree with IMSI posting customer details. 

So I deleted the file in the above post, If Zunair thinks its justified he can always over-rule me and re-post it..   
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:50:53 AM by Andy H »

* October 04, 2017, 10:16:10 AM
Good call Andy.  ;)

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* October 04, 2017, 10:37:16 AM
i agree with Andy,
no private info should ever be showed in a public forum, as we dont know who reade it and maybe abuse the info.
Sometimes i do send pm to user that put out their serial code at the forum and tell them why i think that it's not a good idea.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

October 06, 2017, 03:27:35 AM
1. Built-in folder/User profile related issues Another commonly reported symptom is one or more tools will suddenly stop working as designed. In many cases deleting the contents of the built-in folder specific to the product will solve the problem.
[ stuff deleted ]
Verified fixed in TC2017:
Now these issues will not occur again on any latest TC builds TC2017 & TC2017.5 Applications.
•   Verified contents inside built-in folder located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2016\Professional x64\Profiles\Built-in

I am using the 64-bit V24.0 Build 38.2.  If that is included in your definition of "...any latest TC builds TC2017...", then I should point out that I have had to delete the Built-In Folder twice in the last couple weeks (9/19/17 & 9/25/17).

As an ex-C programmer, learning that the Built-In folder corruption seems related to the amount of time that TC has been running indicates either an uninitialized variable, a stack overflow or an improperly-sized array that is not being monitored.

I managed a software project for electrical CAD software and have seen some very bright programmers make some very easy-to-correct mistakes that were not being drawn to their attention because they had turned warnings off when building new versions.  I wonder if that is the case here.

Jeff

BTW: On an unrelated topic, I again encountered the "I am not a robot" Captcha response (although this time, it progressed to the Preview screen I had selected).

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* October 06, 2017, 11:46:05 PM
Earlier today I closed a large file of around 90mb within tcw2016, while Turbocad was releasing the memory for the file, I  then I mistakenly closed Turbocad itself and got a crash, just one of many.

This should not happen if tcw2016 is releasing memory for a file and tcw2016 be allowed to close the application itself as well. Try for yourself; get the largest file you can and open it. Close the file and close tcw201? as quick as you can. Did it crash?

Daz

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2018 PP, Animation Lab V5, TurboPDF V2-V3 & LightWorks Rendering Engine mostly.

* October 07, 2017, 04:29:57 AM
Earlier today I closed a large file of around 90mb within tcw2016, while Turbocad was releasing the memory for the file, I  then I mistakenly closed Turbocad itself and got a crash, just one of many.

This should not happen if tcw2016 is releasing memory for a file and tcw2016 be allowed to close the application itself as well. Try for yourself; get the largest file you can and open it. Close the file and close tcw201? as quick as you can. Did it crash?

Daz

I couldn't get it to crash Darryl,  I deliberately made an 163Mb file (2.6 gig in memory with TC and the file open), closed file and immediately closed TC (using the 'x' at the top right of TC window), no crash,  I also tried saving file and clicking close, no crash Using TC 2016 and Windows 10,   That said when I close a file I get the Windows spinning curser so although I can click the 'x' and windows records the click, it doesn't respond to it straight away but waits for the curser to stop spinning.

* October 07, 2017, 03:03:36 PM
Ah thats the key, the spinning cursor was visible when the file was closed. After it disappeared I presumed it was safe to close tcw2016 and thats when it crashed with no other files open at all.

Daz

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2018 PP, Animation Lab V5, TurboPDF V2-V3 & LightWorks Rendering Engine mostly.