TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Multiple Graphics for Render
Read 1003 times
* October 06, 2017, 11:37:12 PM
Got some large tcw files that when all loaded into 2016 platinum that come to 250mb in size and while tcw handles them ok it wont render. That's ok. But I stiil want to use them as background pictures then here's what I'm thinking and what should I watch out for?

This is from the back to front.
1. At the rear is a part factory of roof and walls for background
2. Next is a conveyor system snaking around near the walls
3. Next to the left side is a locomotive engine and railway cars, each railway cars has a 40 foot container on it
4. Next to the right side is a truck (tractor, lorry etc) and each trailer has a 40 foot container on it

In the foreground are pallets with cardboard boxes to represent different loads
In the foreground are containers already off loaded
Main machinery design

So my question is if I were to use the same view for all designs and save them as png files, then import them to photoshop and remove their background to make them transparent, then restack them back into tcw2016 as layered objects/graphics.

Where the first four listed items above would brought back into tcw as graphics only and layered so that I can fill the screen with all components/graphics and just leave the last 3 items for final manipulation, thereby reducing the render time.

Would this serve the same purpose when compared to attempting a render a 250mb file, which tcw wont do at the moment.
What should I watch out for, or any tips?

Daz

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2018 PP, Animation Lab V5, TurboPDF V2-V3 & LightWorks Rendering Engine mostly.

* October 07, 2017, 04:07:43 AM
The main thing I would watch out for is shadows, to ensure shadows don't suddenly get chopped off in different pictures.

Personally what I did when TC was only 32 bit, was

(1)  to hide foreground stuff watching out where shadows etc. fell,  render the background (in your case - walls, roof, train), and save-as a picture, did any minor alterations in a paint program (Corel in my case), I didn't remove background of create any transparent areas in Corel), I then used the picture as wrapped image onto a box or sheet, and then rendered the image and all foreground stuff for the final picture,.

(2) I did occasionally render in two halves (with a little overlap), then 'stitched' the two halves together in Corel.   

Not saying they are the best ways, just what worked for me at the time.

* October 07, 2017, 03:05:50 PM
Yeah your right I will need to watch out for shadows, I think one of Don Cheke's tips covers this detail so I will look into that. Oncew I've got something worth showing I will post it to the forum.

Daz

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2018 PP, Animation Lab V5, TurboPDF V2-V3 & LightWorks Rendering Engine mostly.