1. Built-in folder/User profile related issues Another commonly reported symptom is one or more tools will suddenly stop working as designed. In many cases deleting the contents of the built-in folder specific to the product will solve the problem.
For the TC 2016 builds, the paths are:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2016\Professional x64\Profiles\Built-in
In cases where deleting the built-in contents does not work, a clean install of the current full (non-patched/updated) build is required.
IMSI believes these problems are related to the either user customization and/or installed auto-updates or patches.
To help track and identify built-in folder related problems, Created a spreadsheet
After consideration - File link deleted by Moderator (Andy) due to the customer details it contained
There is one final point worth mentioning based on customer feedback. It seems having TurboCAD run for extended periods of time without restarting, may contribute to instability. So for instance, running TC for 4+ hours, including periods when the system. goes to sleep, is a scenario that needs to be tested.
Users unable to run the 64-bit version of TurboCAD We are being contacted by a growing number of user’s who simply cannot to run the 64-bit versions of TurboCAD after their initial full build installation. In almost all cases they are able to run the 32 bit versions of the application.
The exact behavior is that the program installs without issue. When the user clicks on the program icon the TCStart.exe window is displayed. The user then clicks OK, Cancel or New and the TCStart window goes away. After that nothing happens. Even if users wait an exorbitant amount of time the application never launches. At this point neither the TCStart.exe nor the TCW.exe is listed as running in the (Apps) applications list in Task Manager. However, the TCW.exe will be listed as a running Background process.
We have tried the obvious things like installing and launching TC using “Run as Administrator” but this does not work.
Verified fixed in TC2017:
Now these issues will not occur again on any latest TC builds TC2017 & TC2017.5 Applications.
• Verified contents inside built-in folder located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2016\Professional x64\Profiles\Built-in
• Affect on application in case of deleting contents
• Affect on application in case of clean install
• Affect of application on fresh windows
• Reproduction of user issues compiled by Travis (previously)
• Tested both installers on VM