TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Pick point hatching not working for internal area.
Read 813 times
September 27, 2017, 07:15:19 AM
Whole boundary gets hatched. Pick point hatch does not work when there are gaps between boundary pieces, when we removed the gap then tool works correctly.

Pick point hatching is an extremely difficult thing to get working correctly. AutoCAD has a terrible implementation of this and their hatching algorithm completely stinks so getting any functionality that is better than theirs is a good thing.

I would like to see a gap tolerance value set somewhere where it would automatically create a closed polyline that bridges the gaps to hatch. In this vein our join polyline and chain polyline commands in my opinion are CURRENTLY BROKEN and need much work to be improved.
The chain polyline command is something that is unique to TurboCAD over AutoCAD and should be working much better than it is. All these tools are vital to work in order to be able to create a unique outline to be hatched.
Further it is critical that if an arc is being joined or hatched that it remain an arc.
Whenever we use these hatched tools arcs are turned into short Polylines which completely breaks the ability to have a successful export to a CNC cutting machine. We must at all times preserve arcs if possible.

Thanks & Regards,
Zunair Attif
Lead\Manager QA&S
IMSI Design
Email: [email protected]

* September 27, 2017, 10:53:41 AM
I agree :)
It should work more like the old hatc tool, that make a sort of boundary Box and Hatch that area, opening in the profile or not, it Hatch.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB