TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Can Anilab do this
Read 658 times
* September 25, 2017, 03:01:58 AM
Got a partial screen image of a hydraulic ram (cylinder) attached to a rotary head for turning 90 degrees and a hydraulic motor for rotation of the wheels and tyres. Also showing the hydraulic hoses but not all. With anilab it easy to simulate all rotary actions. But can anilab show the hydraulic hoses twisting while rotating the rotary head for wheel turning?

see Hydraulic.png

Thanks Daz
TCW V21, 2016 & 2017 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

* September 25, 2017, 05:26:58 AM
That's an interesting problem,  there are ways to accomplish it though none are like a single command thing, unfortunately I know nothing of hydraulics and don't know how or where its meant to bend.  care has to be taken to avoid breaking any compound profile or causing self intersection during the animation.

Some options are, 
1. Compound profile / part tree sweep using spline path and node edit the path using keyframes,  - drawback - has problems with RedSDK (works fine with v21 - which is my last Lightworks / GDI version)

2.  As above but using morphing to change the spline

3.  Compound profile Lofted circles and move the circles to alter the loft shape.

4.  Use multiple layers with copies of the object rotated on each layer and use layers witching,  would work but could be messy if there are many frames.

5.  Cheat - design the tube so that normal rotate / move commands will work.

6.  Things I haven't thought of yet :)

Do you have an 'after' picture to show what its like after its bent.

* September 25, 2017, 01:05:23 PM
I will post some more pics later today of what rotates and hoses that need to twist, this will help to determine if its possible at sll.

Thanks Andy for your insights.

Thanks Daz
TCW V21, 2016 & 2017 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best