TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Problem of positive and negative values in X to the parallell
Read 2220 times
January 23, 2010, 11:51:37 AM
hello I return with a new post in France because it was my answer my problem.
I found the construction of parallel or parallel to this line are in the wrong direction X,-X or to make a parallell running from left to right we must put the value in negative. So does anyone just tell me how to fix this problem. thank you in advance

January 23, 2010, 12:49:58 PM
I don't know if it's a problem; it's always been my experience that you must input a negative value to make a vertical parallel line go from left to right.  It's been like this in the three versions I've tried (v7, v11, v16).

So yes, it is opposite of the way the coordinate system works in the x direction--but I don't know why.  And I don't know how other software (AutoCAD, for example) works in comparison.

Josh T.
meatballrocketry.com
TC Pro 18.2 & Platinum 2016

* January 23, 2010, 06:02:53 PM
hello I return with a new post in France because it was my answer my problem.
I found the construction of parallel or parallel to this line are in the wrong direction X,-X or to make a parallell running from left to right we must put the value in negative. So does anyone just tell me how to fix this problem. thank you in advance

It cannot be fixed. In fact, the developers refuse to admit that it is a problem.

Henry H

January 24, 2010, 12:14:09 AM
may be that they could have given a little math classes to show in what sense are the X, Y I find Wikipedia has a nice example: "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_coordinate_system"
because the worse is that while the bottom right system X, Y, Z is in the right direction.
or unless the person has basic writing from right to left.

[attachment deleted by admin]