TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Hello and help
Read 2129 times
* January 22, 2010, 03:25:19 AM
Hi, I am new here and new to TurboCAD. I am already struggling to get my head round the software even with simple things like dimensioning a square.

So far I have managed to make a cuboid and that is about it, I am trying to create recesses in this cuboid with not a lot of luck, it seems that what ever i do i end up on the same plane and cant create a shape that i can do an extrude cut. I am using v16 deluxe.

Is there anyway that I can make it work more like solidworks (which I have spent the last 3 year using)? or even proE?

please help (or even point me in the right direction for some very very simple tutorials)

Many Thanks

Phil

* January 24, 2010, 07:10:17 AM
Have you tried work plane by facet go to workspace then workplane then choose workplane by facet click on the face you need to work on , you should now be able to draw items on the relevant work plane, you can also choose workplane by view this sets the workplane to your current view there are several other ways of setting your workplane but if you need some good tutorials for beginners try Cadcourse.com 

Warren

January 24, 2010, 11:44:15 AM
TurboCAD Deluxe only uses proprietary Surface Modeling; it does not use the ACIS Solid Modeling that provides most of the power for modifying objects.

Performing a 3D Subtract on a Surface will result in something very different than performing it on an ACIS Solid.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

January 24, 2010, 11:55:07 AM
Hi, I am new here and new to TurboCAD. I am already struggling to get my head round the software even with simple things like dimensioning a square.

So far I have managed to make a cuboid and that is about it, I am trying to create recesses in this cuboid with not a lot of luck, it seems that what ever i do i end up on the same plane and cant create a shape that i can do an extrude cut. I am using v16 deluxe.

Is there anyway that I can make it work more like solidworks (which I have spent the last 3 year using)? or even proE?

please help (or even point me in the right direction for some very very simple tutorials)

Many Thanks

Phil

Phil, TurboCAD does not have an extrude cut function, although the pro version has something similar called the imprint tool. Because you don't have these options in Deluxe you will to subtract one box (cuboid) from the first to make the recess.

[attachment deleted by admin]