TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Turbocad Deluxe 2017 Default Workspace
Read 362 times
September 18, 2017, 05:30:15 AM
Since upgrading to TC Deluxe 2017 I've found that I must always begin each session by going to Tools/Workspace/Customize and choosing the "load from" option to activate my customized setup and keyboard shortcuts.  This wasn't the case in previous versions which always remembered and started my setup automatically.  I have the Options//General/"last window layout" and "last working file" boxes checked.  I've saved my setup and it always appears in the drop down box below the Load From bar, but I've noticed there is a drop down menu box just above the "Load From" bar that always reads "Default workspace" and it's drop down arrow is always greyed out. Is this part of the problem or am I missing some other setting?  This is a minor inconvenience but I habitually open the program and start working until I realize nothing is behaving the way I expect. 

* September 18, 2017, 07:49:16 AM
Re - I've noticed there is a drop down menu box just above the "Load From" bar that always reads "Default workspace" and it's drop down arrow is always greyed out. Is this part of the problem or am I missing some other setting?

Its greyed out in deluxe,  in Pro uses have an option to change to an LTE (AutoCAD lookalike) interface,  but its not available to deluxe users.

I just tried in deluxe and my settings get remembered, BUT I don't use "last window layout" and "last working file, so can't say if these cause any problems,  are you are you logging / using the computer as admin, or different users,  the config you saved is  probably in (default windows 10 location) C:\Users\your name\Documents\TurboCAD 2017 Deluxe x64\Config, but as far as I know (I may be corrected) this is really like you personal config backup,  the ones TC uses to start are in C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2017\Deluxe x64\Profiles\Built-In (again this is a winows 10 location), they are in 4 files,  if there is any problem with TC accessing or writing to that folder it will load default values.

You could check the dates on the files in the 'built in' folder and see if TC is writing to them,  lastwl, current.cml, desktop.ist, tc xml.ini.  or if you didn't install as admin, maybe just try right-clicking the TC Icon and choose run as admin (assuming you are admin).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:50:50 AM by Andy H »

* September 18, 2017, 10:14:58 AM
I would shutdown TurboCAD, then go to the "Built-In" folder and delete the contents. Restart TurboCAD and load your custom configuration. Shutdown and restart TC again to see if the custom configuration is retained.
See also: Common troubleshooting procedures for TurboCAD

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

September 19, 2017, 06:30:11 AM
Thanks for your quick response.  John R. was correct--his fixed the problem.  I appreciate the help!