TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Is the TurboCAD Community (Wiki) Website Down?
Read 548 times
* September 12, 2017, 06:01:35 PM
Is the TurboCAD Community (Wiki) website down?
If so, do the folks that can remedy that know about it?

Below is what I get when trying to access the site the past few days.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* September 12, 2017, 10:42:37 PM
Been like that since the end of last week, John has E-mailed IMSI (Mauritz) about it.  the 403 looks like it may be looking for a custom error page and can't access it.

I guess its just a matter of waiting for a fix.

* November 01, 2017, 04:03:27 PM
This is too good a resource to be down any/much longer, for me I went to check for an article and it's still down!

Will this be fixed or is it dead?

Thanks Daz ( Darryl )
Using TCW 2015, 2016 & 2017 Platinum, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc & Windows 10 using Lightworks mostly

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

* November 01, 2017, 09:39:39 PM
My opinion, it's dead.

Supposedly the owner of the site has a backup copy of the site, but it either doesn't work or the people tasked to fix this don't know how to reset the site and install the backup.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* November 08, 2017, 01:25:59 PM
Can IMSI confirm to the forum if this site is dead like John R says ( I hope not ). If so then what can be done from IMSI or others to reconstruct this site in an alternate way for user to get access to those articles and learn from?

When I say reconstruct I mean republish the information in an alternate form ( like pdfs based on topic ) or a new website etc. Some of the current forum members put together numerous articles into the wiki forum that are invaluable articles that are just too good to be left in internet limbo!

Daz

Thanks Daz ( Darryl )
Using TCW 2015, 2016 & 2017 Platinum, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc & Windows 10 using Lightworks mostly

Good better best
Never let it rest
And your better is best

* November 08, 2017, 03:48:41 PM
The Wiki used individually coded pages,   without all the original files or a backup it would not be straight forward to reproduce things as the images on the pages were not stored on the actual pages, it used links to an image gallery (or 4), and if memory serves there were in excess of 7,000 images,  just having the text would be no use, as the links need to be pointing to the correct place,

If Kevan Chapman still works for IMSI, he is a coding expert, so would be the ideal person to sort it out,  but if for whatever reason IMSI don't have time, they can always send it to me and I'll have a go as I already have a Wiki program on my computer,  no guarantees though.

* November 09, 2017, 01:12:50 PM
Andy thank you for that offer, Im sure that others would appreciate your offer as well. Whats most appealing about the wiki is that its quite simply written from the end user perspective with the tips that produce repeatable results eg: like your ( 8 page ) tutorial on exploded 3D text etc.

Daz

Thanks Daz ( Darryl )

Good better best
Never let it rest
And your better is best

* November 09, 2017, 03:23:42 PM
Odd, interesting, and perhaps telling, that no one from IMSI-Design has commented on this.  Right?

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* November 09, 2017, 04:00:37 PM
Odd, interesting, and perhaps telling, that no one from IMSI-Design has commented on this.  Right?

The last communication I had was from support on the 6th October saying IMSI aware of the problem and support will follow up again on the issue,   but not heard anything about it since then.

* November 09, 2017, 04:03:08 PM
I get the feeling that if you mention "Wiki" to management, they immediately think of the "Help" site.
https://turbocaddoc.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/T2UG/pages

From poking around there, Zunair appears to be living there now, updating images and pages.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* November 13, 2017, 09:13:45 AM
What is also annoying is that now the earlier YouTube videos in the IMSI channel are now out of date when Dave refers to them. Having referred someone else to use them, had them asking me about it after they couldn't find the site. It would be great if they'd get it back online but since it's been this long, not really holding my breath.

Penny