TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

dynamic cut-pane enhancement
Read 141 times
* August 11, 2017, 12:51:08 PM
Whilst playing with dynamic cut plane to examine a model internally, what would have been useful to me was if here was an option for either object specific or object exclusion,  although one can use renderable objects to show wireframe as well and cut plane, this had limited use in my case.

Being able to exclude objects from the cut plane (whilst still draft rendering them) would allow for internal components on complex objects to be checked for alignment, gaps, errors without having to chop-up copies of the model into various pieces.

May be impossible to program but no harm in wishing.

Andy
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:57:09 PM by Andy H »

* August 11, 2017, 01:50:17 PM
Great idea. While we're at it, let's also wish that it could be implemented in GDI.

Henry H

* August 11, 2017, 07:08:38 PM
That can be done by subtracting an object built with compound profile on the cut plane.  Compound profile lets the object's profile be angled as you would the cut plane, which makes it 'dynamic', and the subtraction can be suppressed or unsuppressed in part tree to enable/disable.  Using subtraction also means that the cutaways can be more sophisticated than planar cuts, and you can use differing sections for different parts of an assembly at once.  No native draw mode restrictions.

August 12, 2017, 03:19:18 AM
That can be done by subtracting an object built with compound profile on the cut plane.  Compound profile lets the object's profile be angled as you would the cut plane, which makes it 'dynamic', and the subtraction can be suppressed or unsuppressed in part tree to enable/disable.  Using subtraction also means that the cutaways can be more sophisticated than planar cuts, and you can use differing sections for different parts of an assembly at once.  No native draw mode restrictions.

Or 3D Slice the item in two pieces and put the one that is to be selectively visible on a separate Layer.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* August 12, 2017, 08:22:46 AM
Great idea. While we're at it, let's also wish that it could be implemented in GDI.

Henry H
On my Rig, Henry > "Hidden line Hidden line" is the only GDI render that works with the DCP.
There's a "new" warning that I get that DCP is not supported using my display adapter. :P so much for progress, typical redstuff.
2015 redsdk draft render was the last working DCP for me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:45:26 AM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* August 12, 2017, 09:54:11 AM

Henry H
On my Rig, Henry > "Hidden line Hidden line" is the only GDI render that works with the DCP.
There's a "new" warning that I get that DCP is not supported using my display adapter. :P so much for progress, typical redstuff.
2015 redsdk draft render was the last working DCP for me.

Same here, Dean, and it doesn't work very well even there.

Henry H