TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Why is this part a block/group ? TC2017 Pl.
Read 125 times
* August 09, 2017, 05:23:59 AM
Gents,

I'm now making blocks, and for some reason the shown parts was not able to drag to block palette,
or I mean. I could drag but no block was created. After I discovered its was a group and I have unticked the group.

But still it remains as group.

What do I do wrong?

All help is very much welcome!

Best regards
NeverStop

* August 09, 2017, 05:58:41 AM
Hei AldriStopp

Are you in Hidden Line when try to do this , as i have no problem in your drawing to drag it over to the Block or by Format/ Create Block.
If it still is a Group at your place, maybe TC hang, try save/ close and reopen the drawing or TC it self.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* August 09, 2017, 06:58:13 AM
HeiHei Torfinn.

Noop I am in wireframe...

Now I actually are able to drag over to blocks.

But still why is already a group and not individuals like shown on other side.
I made a crossbar with line between the mainbars. I used simple extrude, and push to shorten length before I did extrude to surface.

But this should not make this as a group/block.

AldriStopp :-)

* August 09, 2017, 08:47:42 AM
Hei AldriStopp

Then i think i understand what you have done, when use "to face" there is options down in left corner to Subtract or Add, and when using one of this options they all become 1 part.
If you dont want this to happen you can make "Copy in Place" of the thick pipe and subtract the copy from thin pipe.
Maybe there are better solutions for it, then someone will give you a better solution :)

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* August 09, 2017, 12:23:22 PM
Aaaaaaaa.... OK Yes I see!

But most be some easier way to break this in parts again?

Best regards
AldriStopp

Hei AldriStopp

Then i think i understand what you have done, when use "to face" there is options down in left corner to Subtract or Add, and when using one of this options they all become 1 part.
If you dont want this to happen you can make "Copy in Place" of the thick pipe and subtract the copy from thin pipe.
Maybe there are better solutions for it, then someone will give you a better solution :)

Torfinn

* August 09, 2017, 12:46:13 PM
Aaaaaaaa.... OK Yes I see!
But most be some easier way to break this in parts again?

Not by keeping the cross brace intact, but you have a few options,  easiest - delete part and mirror copy the good side,  Or - use the facet edit tool to select the cross brace, hit delete key, space bar to get back in normal selector arrow, select part and explode once, selection palette should now report two ACIS objects,  Or ................ way too much hassle to try recover the cross brace as well as the two beams through intersection and facet editing.

You would have needed part tree to be active in order to recover from the addition (i.e. prevent the addition taking place).

* August 09, 2017, 12:57:00 PM
Thanks Andy H.

This worked flawless and was actually not to bad...

But why did not explode do same with cross brace ?

Maybe a an option on facet edit could be subtract? Not delete?

Anyway!

Thanks!

Best regards
NeverStop

* August 09, 2017, 01:14:09 PM

But why did not explode do same with cross brace ?
NeverStop

The cross brace is Boolean added, explode will only work if an ACIS object is 2 distinct parts and not connected together in any way.

A feature of the Boolean add is that two or more parts can be added together even if they are not connected, although on screen it may look like two objects,  ACIS reports them as a single object, in these cases exploding separates the parts, but once a part is physically attached to another, either by Boolean or any tool that auto creates a Boolean add,  separation (exploding) doesn't work.