TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Quality render not working
Read 459 times
August 03, 2017, 02:57:26 AM
Hello,
I have problem with a quality rendering.
When I engage it, picture one is displayed.
I have checked the wireframe option which is turned off (what should I check with displacement mapping I don't have a clue).

When I render model in quality rendering it renders it and displays it until I move mouse - it than reverts to draft render.

Windows 10 64bit
TC 2016 Pro 64bit, RedSDK
Lenovo M92p I5 3550 8GB RAM NVIDIA GForce GTX 1050ti 4GB

* August 03, 2017, 03:27:20 AM
I open your drawing and it render just fine in tc pp 2016, Quality/ Raytrace fine
If you have Rendable Objects and Hidden layer ticket you will also get the same message as with Wireframe checked.

Maybe the render is not 100% finish when you move the mouse, but even then it is strange as the Box is not selected in your gif

Have you try'd to close and restart TC ??,  as it seems like something hang in your system

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

August 03, 2017, 03:50:12 AM
I open your drawing and it render just fine in tc pp 2016, Quality/ Raytrace fine
If you have Rendable Objects and Hidden layer ticket you will also get the same message as with Wireframe checked.

Maybe the render is not 100% finish when you move the mouse, but even then it is strange as the Box is not selected in your gif

Have you try'd to close and restart TC ??,  as it seems like something hang in your system

Torfinn

Hi,
I've restarted TC numerous times. Same thing happens, quality render renders and then reverts to draft as soon as I have moved mouse/zoomed. I've had one hidden layer but have unhidden it.

Maybe I should reinstall TC?

Or is it maybe default TC behaviour, to quality render just static pictures and in 3d to display draft render?

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:52:15 AM by tarmiricmi »

Windows 10 64bit

* August 03, 2017, 04:12:24 AM
Yes, that is the default, if you move the view after a Q render it will go to Draft and it will need to re-render it in the new view.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* August 03, 2017, 05:30:46 AM
With regards to you first post - Embree.

It is an acceleration engine I believe originally developed by Intel,  but it cant' handle lines points etc, which is effectively what foreground wireframe is (even if it looks 3d), so if either of the foreground wireframe options are ticked it will show the warning (unless one ticks don't show it again),  according to Redway (RedSDK) having part of the drawing using RedSDK Kernel engine and part Embree can slow things down, so it looks like the programmers turn it off to avoid this happening.

Redway info on Embree http://www.redway3d.com/downloads/public/documentation/bk_re_ray_tracing_options.html about halfway down the page.

With regards the render, Just to add to Torfinn's comments, this happens in any mode whether Lightworks or RedSDK and is done to speed up changing views like rotating the view using the mouse, you box renders pretty quick, but some renders can take 30 seconds or even 30 minutes to complete, so moving the view would be extremely slow.

With regards Displacement mapping, its a feature of the material properties that you won't have used in the drawing - see Displacement map - http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=RedSDK+Displacement+Map , the option is available when editing materials and uses a 2D image to alter the look of the 3D object when rendered.

August 03, 2017, 06:08:46 AM
With regards to you first post - Embree.

It is an acceleration engine I believe originally developed by Intel,  but it cant' handle lines points etc, which is effectively what foreground wireframe is (even if it looks 3d), so if either of the foreground wireframe options are ticked it will show the warning (unless one ticks don't show it again),  according to Redway (RedSDK) having part of the drawing using RedSDK Kernel engine and part Embree can slow things down, so it looks like the programmers turn it off to avoid this happening.

Redway info on Embree http://www.redway3d.com/downloads/public/documentation/bk_re_ray_tracing_options.html about halfway down the page.

With regards the render, Just to add to Torfinn's comments, this happens in any mode whether Lightworks or RedSDK and is done to speed up changing views like rotating the view using the mouse, you box renders pretty quick, but some renders can take 30 seconds or even 30 minutes to complete, so moving the view would be extremely slow.

With regards Displacement mapping, its a feature of the material properties that you won't have used in the drawing - see Displacement map - http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=RedSDK+Displacement+Map , the option is available when editing materials and uses a 2D image to alter the look of the 3D object when rendered.

Thanks all for the comments.

Windows 10 64bit