TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Mirror copy issue
Read 142 times
July 31, 2017, 08:54:33 AM
Hi,
I'm having an issue with the mirror copy command. There are 2 issues:
1. The command doesn't copy whole selected object.
2. When I select manually part to copy, it is being copied onto wrong plane.

Maybe it is problem with the selecting workplane, but I'm unable to fix it.

Windows 10 64bit
TC 2016 Pro 64bit, RedSDK
Lenovo M92p I5 3550 8GB RAM NVIDIA GForce GTX 1050ti 4GB

* July 31, 2017, 09:12:59 AM
I experimented with your drawing and was able to replicate the first issue when "Safe UCS Mode" was enabled in Selector 3D Properties. But I was never able to replicate the second issue. Does it persist if you close the drawing and then reopen it?

Henry H

July 31, 2017, 09:18:43 AM
I experimented with your drawing and was able to replicate the first issue when "Safe UCS Mode" was enabled in Selector 3D Properties. But I was never able to replicate the second issue. Does it persist if you close the drawing and then reopen it?

Henry H

It seems that disabling Safe UCS Mode has resolved the whole issue. Thanks for the quick reply.

Windows 10 64bit

* July 31, 2017, 09:46:37 AM

Henry H

It seems that disabling Safe UCS Mode has resolved the whole issue. Thanks for the quick reply.

Interesting. Glad I never use that mode ;-)

Henry H

July 31, 2017, 10:22:28 AM

Henry H

Interesting. Glad I never use that mode ;-)

Henry H

The reason why I ticked that is that it was suggested in some tutorial that this prevents messing-ups with workplanes  :D

Windows 10 64bit

* July 31, 2017, 03:27:25 PM
the 2d circle profile used in the extrude is the culprit, it isn't on the world plane.
"safe ucs mode"  checked > If you create a block of the object then mirror copy, it's correct.
or explode the extrude.
maybe bug, maybe as designed. ;D
either way there should be a message informing the "User"

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100