TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Updates, I hate updates
Read 314 times
* July 27, 2017, 05:21:16 PM
I recently purchased TC Deluxe2017 64bit. I worked with a much older version, but it wouldn't save as STL. I caught on to this version fairly quick (for what I do with it) and all was fine UNTIL, the update I did yesterday. Now I seem to be running around in circles trying to do anything. Doing a restore on the computer seems out of the question, so maybe someone could help lead me by the nose to fix my biggest issue right now.

There was a tab on the side that would open up, listing all the shapes I had, allowing me to alter each before they were made a TC object via a boolean operation. It was MOST helpful changing my cylinders from 14 facets to 90, and also the only way I have found so far TO do it. How do I get that tab back????

* July 27, 2017, 06:17:11 PM
I think you want the Selection Info palette. Open the View menu and enable "Selection Info." (If you don't see it in that menu, try the Tools menu.)

Henry H

* July 27, 2017, 09:53:30 PM
You may have had the "1024x768del_classic" Workspace loaded; it's laid out like TurboCAD was prior to Version 18. That has the Tools palette on the right side of the drawing area. That shows many of the tools available. Right-clicking on a tool in the "3D Object" section will open that tools' Properties dialog for editing. The Selection Info palette will show the Properties once a tool is selected.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* July 28, 2017, 03:14:18 PM
Yes, it was the Selection Info that I was looking for, but more specifically just the tab instead of the ever present box on the right side. Prior to the update, the workspace had full screen, and the Selection info was only a small tab on the upper right side that I could mouse over to open, select, and edit.  I should also note this is TurboCad Deluxe 2017 64 bit Version 24 .
 As you might have guessed, I don't spend a lot of time on this particular program, and I purchased it over some of the free ones because it is more intuitive (and powerful). Just had a rash of automatic updates on various devices that changed too many settings to things I don't want to happen, and the time to track down how to change it back is lacking in my schedule.

* July 28, 2017, 04:48:50 PM
re: …I was looking for … just the tab instead of the ever present box on the right side.

On the upper-right corner of the palette is a "push-pin". Click on that to hide the palette and only the Tab will show.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit