TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

lost drawing
Read 86 times
* July 27, 2017, 10:33:38 AM
Hello I am using TurboCad 2016 Deluxe and have been working on a drawing for sometime today I went to open the file, and it will open but the drawing is not there so I closed and reopened the file and the drawing surface was black and no drawing, closes the drawing again and reopened it for a third time and this time the drawing surface is white but still no drawing. How do I fix this with out redrawing thanks for any help

* July 27, 2017, 10:45:21 AM
Welcome,  what is the file size when you navigate to the file in windows explorer, (just to check if the file is liable to be an empty drawing or not),   you could have a look in C:\Users\Your user name\Documents\TurboCAD 2016 Deluxe, there you should have an Backup folder, you could check if any backup does the same thing. there is also an Autosave folder but if the file closed fine last time it probably won't have the file in there.

Failing that, there is file menu - extract from which can (very occasionally) open bad files,  then you could post the file here,  click 'Attachments and other options' which is just below the window when you post messages, and see if anyone here can open it.