TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Move object simple in 3D
Read 417 times
* July 25, 2017, 12:36:11 PM
Gents,

As usual I'm have struggled a lot :-)

This time I try move the pipe closer to center. approx 30mm or what I see is ok.

I know how I can push/pull ends also the Edit Tool drags one end and can do other cool stuff.
But  x-y-z don't do anything.. like they not working
Sure I know to use D and move to other help line as well.

My target is just to grab pipe an slide to other position along the line or 45 degree.

All help welcome! And thanks!

Best regards
NeverStop

* July 25, 2017, 12:42:47 PM
In the Inspector Bar "Selector 3D Properties," try setting Coordinate System>Extents to "Entity CS." Depending upon how the pipe was created, this might allow you to move it along just one of the coordinate axes.

Henry H

* July 25, 2017, 01:01:19 PM
Thanks Henry for your fast reply!

I did what you said, and the UCS changes and all seems right.
But the funny is: Delta Y moves back what I did in delta X  :-) Yes I have double checked.

I have not the last patch and maybe this is a bug?

Or maybe I have a BUG :-)

* July 25, 2017, 02:24:03 PM
Thanks Henry for your fast reply!

I did what you said, and the UCS changes and all seems right.
But the funny is: Delta Y moves back what I did in delta X  :-) Yes I have double checked.

I have not the last patch and maybe this is a bug?

Or maybe I have a BUG :-)

Not a BUG, just bad advice. I should have told you to change the Coordinate System>Inspector Bar setting, too. Change it to "Extents CS."

Sorry about that ;-)

Henry H

* July 25, 2017, 05:19:19 PM
You can pick up objects by clicking anywhere along the axis bars, not only the yellow selector points.  Doing that, the object can only move along the axis you've picked up if you manipulate it in the window and release it again, but you can also tab into the inspector bar and enter the values that you want into ANY of the data boxes and the object will obey ALL of the parameter changes.    Although the object won't make the move until you commit your values by entering, it does follow the figures you're entering, so you can see what's going to happen as you enter them.  Entering the same value into delta x and delta y will move the object 45 degrees. 

* July 26, 2017, 04:09:34 AM
Thanks TC friends, good to know I NOT had a bug :-)

I learned what I wanted to do and little more, and this issue i solved- Only with this help I am able to be better.

So I hope you are ready for next challenge for how to use this in practical life.

I now are able to play with the tube and I have discovered how it needs to be.

Corner for tube A  Needs to be moved and snapped to nearest B.
I know I may draw an helpline and D seke, grab and snap in place.

But Is possible to do grab on the axis or lock axis ? And grab corner and snap to nearest?
I tried lock axes modes, but this don't lock the right axes.

Baseline, is move to right place w/o helplines?

Best regards
NeverStop

* July 26, 2017, 05:52:38 AM
Use transform|move from V vertex snap a to N nearest snap b.  Nearest is an approximation snap unless you've got some other feature to latch on to.  TC is a feature-based modeller, which means you use vertices, quadrants, intersections, mid- and divide points, tangents, centres to snap to and orient from, guides or construction lines are implicit.  Snaps, including projections, opposite points, apparent intersections and so on are immensely powerful in feature-based modelling.  TC's selector is a powerful transformation tool, but TC's assembly, transformation and copy tools give you ways to move objects that reference other objects and features in the drawing rather than the object you're actually moving.  You can achieve the same things by moving the reference point around, but you don't have to, and other methods and tools have differences that can be useful.