TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Scaling Defaults
Read 122 times
* July 25, 2017, 12:02:01 AM
I understand that extrusions need to be exploded to convert them to ACIS solids prior to scaling if you want the Z axis to also scale correctly (http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,11362.msg68619.html#msg68619), but is there a setting that can be changed so that this is not the case? i.e. so I don't have to explode or convert everything ACIS solids before scaling?

2016 Pro Platinum

* July 25, 2017, 06:55:34 AM
is there a setting that can be changed so that this is not the case? i.e. so I don't have to explode or convert everything ACIS solids before scaling?

## Edit ## Just realised you may mean scaling the whole object rather than just a face, in which case, I don't know of any way to do that without exploding, (or scaling the object and height separately) though others may know, ## End Edit ##

Not that I know of, my preferred option - if you know the actual height required,  you can alter the z height of the extrude using the selection palette rather than exploding, this maintains association with the 2d profile (if compound profile is used). 

One alternative could be to use the quick pull tool to drag (or type in the distance) the z face of the extrusion, this auto converts it to an ACIS solid, but obviously you loose any association with the 2d profile.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:05:38 AM by Andy H »