TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Trim object in TC 2016 standard
Read 254 times
July 24, 2017, 03:31:08 AM
Good morning, I am a French frustrated user of TC 2016 standard. Following the user's manual (page 278 of the french manual), I drew a line cuting a circle,I am trying to cut the part of the circle above the line. I used the trim object tool and selected the circle. A point appears on the circle. Clicking on it, more than once, a contextual window appears showing "Circle - Line - Nothing". Selecting "Circle" make the circle to become pink. When trying to cut a part of the line, the circle turned red and a warning message was: " the selected closed entity must be splitted in polyline to allow trimming.Yes - No" Even selecting "yes", nothing happened.
After two days of unsuccessfull trials, could somebody help me. Thanks fom France. JCT

July 24, 2017, 03:56:40 AM
Hello, JCT:

By 'standard', do you mean TurboCAD Professional (but not Pro Platinum)?  It probably doesn't matter if you have Deluxe (I don't use it).

The attached image shows how to perform Object Trim on a circle.

Keep in mind that the cutting edge must completely bracket the object to be trimmed.  If the Line ends inside the Circle (or doesn't touch it at all), then the Object Trim function will fail.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

July 28, 2017, 08:55:39 AM
Hello Jeff,
In France, different versions of AutoCAD are available: Std 2017, Pro Platinium, 2017 Expert. I have the version AutoCAD2016 Standard
Thanks a lot for your prompt answer. I discovered than on the Inspector bar, I had to select le icone on the right. Since then, everythig works.

Best Regards,
Jean-Claude.