TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Stuck in a specific mode for Dimensioning
Read 258 times
July 24, 2017, 02:59:26 AM
This is a solution for a problem.  I am posting it in the hopes that it will show up in a search for anyone else that encounters the problem.

I wouldn't mind if anyone else posted a different solution.  ;)

I must have hit some hot key for a mode change, but I could not figure out how to exit it without deleting the Built-In folder.

The problem was, if I used the Orthogonal Dimensioning tool, I could only measure the width or length of a Closed Polyline.  I was completely blocked from measuring any point on a closed Polyline to anything else on the Workspace.

As mentioned above, my only solution was to exit TurboCAD, delete the Built-In folder, re-start and re-load my preferences under Customize.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* July 24, 2017, 04:27:23 AM
Jeff, if it happens again, you could try playing with the segment dimension or entity dimension options on the inspection bar (after clicking the orthogonal dimension tool) or right click menu, if something got stuck, clicking them on/off may free things up, I've had the occasional tool get stuck in 2017, so I just keep pressing things until they are back to normal.

That said both segment and entity will still allow single line length not just closed shaped.