TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

How to change dimension of a extruded object
Read 208 times
July 22, 2017, 02:45:12 AM
Hi,
I have a 3d object which is created by simple extrude tool. Now I have to widen its upper part without changing its base dimensions, as on attached pic.
What should I use in order to do that? I've tried editing the extruded object, but I can only resize it affecting all the measures.

Windows 10 64bit
TC 2016 Pro 64bit, RedSDK
Lenovo M92p I5 3550 8GB RAM NVIDIA GForce GTX 1050ti 4GB

* July 22, 2017, 09:01:20 AM
Hi,
I have a 3d object which is created by simple extrude tool. Now I have to widen its upper part without changing its base dimensions, as on attached pic.
What should I use in order to do that? I've tried editing the extruded object, but I can only resize it affecting all the measures.

One way is to apply Slice by Surface, using a pair of extruded arcs as the slicing surfaces.

Henry H

July 22, 2017, 09:50:51 AM
Hi,

One way is to apply Slice by Surface, using a pair of extruded arcs as the slicing surfaces.

Henry H

Thanks. What I did:
- revolved object with those 2 arcs creating sphere-alike object,
- used 3d slice to cut it according to specified dimensions

Only problem with it is that the upper part is not flat.

EDIT
This is still not the best solution.

The right solution is to extrude object (not to revolve it, because of the flat lines needed as an end result), and then to cut it with 3d slice.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:07:46 AM by tarmiricmi »

Windows 10 64bit

* July 22, 2017, 01:00:25 PM
"The right solution is to extrude object (not to revolve it, because of the flat lines needed as an end result), and then to cut it with 3d slice."

That is probably the best approach if you're satisfied with flat slicing planes. Slice by Surface allows non-flat slicing "planes."

Henry H

July 22, 2017, 04:58:06 PM
"The right solution is to extrude object (not to revolve it, because of the flat lines needed as an end result), and then to cut it with 3d slice."

That is probably the best approach if you're satisfied with flat slicing planes. Slice by Surface allows non-flat slicing "planes."

Henry H

Very useful indeed. Thanks again.

Windows 10 64bit