TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

delete key frozen
Read 573 times
July 15, 2017, 12:48:06 PM
Gentlemen, I have run into seeminly a simple foible of Turbocad so that at any state of the tide 'new; 'Opened File; whatever My machines delete key is frozen (locked; incapable of use in TURBOCAD's Paper and or Model View. It works in tubocad's layers layer/edit names but not in the more normal circumstances within MODEL OR paper spaces. It all happened while operating TC., seamlessly then all of a sudden it did not. Selection and Edit>Clear selection works but the down time is almost unbearable compared with simply depressing the delete key. Question how do |I repair my delete keys freeze

Chris S
Architectural Practise: Chris Spreckley & Associates.Ex: S. Spreckley & Company Ltd.
Trained at:          The Manchester School of Building
Semi retired but Cross my palm .. and I'm in work.
Easel draughtsman, acting for corp clients; BBC;NCC;GCM;SWF;StdLifeAss., ScottishWidowsAss; BoEng etc

* July 15, 2017, 01:15:04 PM
Go to "Tools / Customize" and click on the "Default" Workspace button. If you have a custom workspace saved, make sure it is showing in the "Load From" list, then click on the "Load From" button. This usually clears up such problems as this.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

July 16, 2017, 10:20:53 AM
John, I think we have  happilycrossed paths before. AND YOU WERE Spot on this time and once more. So; very many thanks.

Chris Spreckley

Chris S
Architectural Practise: Chris Spreckley & Associates.Ex: S. Spreckley & Company Ltd.
Trained at:          The Manchester School of Building
Semi retired but Cross my palm .. and I'm in work.
Easel draughtsman, acting for corp clients; BBC;NCC;GCM;SWF;StdLifeAss., ScottishWidowsAss; BoEng etc

* July 16, 2017, 10:48:00 AM
Glad I could help.

I also find that when the cursor is over certain palettes, such as the Tools or Materials palette, Delete and other hotkeys won't work. You just have to float over them for the cursor to lose focus on the selected object(s). Move back into the drawing area or over the Selection Info palette and the Delete key works again.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit