TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Red stipled line surrounding object
Read 1809 times
* July 11, 2017, 02:23:19 AM
Gents,

Around my box it's red stipled line surrounding object.
I assume this is a setting.

Anyone who may let me know how to turn it off?

Best regards
NeverStop

July 11, 2017, 02:41:44 AM
You have set the Workplane to be displayed (Display Workplane).

Where you find this varies with the version of the software you have, and also which Workspace you have selected.  Take a look for Workspace as a drop-down menu item and see what your selections are.

If that doesn't help and if you are using the default Workspace (meaning the configuration of menu items), then press function key <F1> while you have TurboCAD running and look for it in the Help menu.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* July 11, 2017, 02:47:33 AM
If you wish to show the workplane but not the red outline around objects, turn off 'show 3d intersection', see attached (which is from v19).

For the workplane display, normally one can right click and unselect it, often its the left hand workplane icon at the top of the right click menu.

* July 11, 2017, 05:48:34 AM
Thanks Andy H / Jeffin90620

Both your reply was very useful.

When I use F1 to figure out how to get the workplane top menu like Andy Showing.
I getting to an broken link.. Only me?

Best regards
NeverStop

* July 11, 2017, 06:51:53 AM
Sorry, my error,  I often forget about people using different a UI.

I use a slightly customised workspace a variation of one I've been using for years, http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=Customize+Options,     but when using the default or similar, menus are in different places, see attached for menus with the default UI. 

* July 11, 2017, 09:38:14 AM

When I use F1 to figure out how to get the workplane top menu like Andy Showing.

Best regards
NeverStop

When I used "F1" on a tool in Version 19, it opened the offline User Guide; i.e. PDF. When I set the "Help Settings" in the "Options / General" dialog to "Use online help", I got an error and it switched to the PDF. There is an online Help, but I suspect that its address has changed from when the program was published. TurboCAD 19 Users Guide When the program is shut down, you can go to the Windows "Start" menu and open "TurboCAD Professional 19 Help"; the PDF. It's hidden under "IMSIDesign TurboCAD…etc".

In the Wiki…
Displaying the Workplane
Display Intersections with 3D Objects
Workplane tools

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* July 11, 2017, 01:25:56 PM
Jepp! Properly right!

But I did find the PDF in menu as you mention.

However If anyone has a nice setup to share I would be happy to test.
Right now I'm just standard and have not done anything with lights/menu etc.

Best regards
NeverStop

Best regards
NeverStop

When I used "F1" on a tool in Version 19, it opened the offline User Guide; i.e. PDF. When I set the "Help Settings" in the "Options / General" dialog to "Use online help", I got an error and it switched to the PDF. There is an online Help, but I suspect that its address has changed from when the program was published. TurboCAD 19 Users Guide When the program is shut down, you can go to the Windows "Start" menu and open "TurboCAD Professional 19 Help"; the PDF. It's hidden under "IMSIDesign TurboCAD…etc".

In the Wiki…
Displaying the Workplane
Display Intersections with 3D Objects
Workplane tools