TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

right to left selection of blocks
Read 381 times
* July 05, 2017, 02:25:23 PM
In TC Pro 21.2, I have a design that consists of numerous blocks (external references), and some text.  I noticed that the blocks can only be selected by dragging a selection box from right to left.  The act of dragging the selection box from left to right does NOT select any of the blocks (only the text), even if the selection box fully encloses the entire drawing.

Is there a setting some place that would change this so that dragging the selection box from left to right would pick up the blocks (external references) that are fully enclosed?  Are blocks treated differently than the other objects in the drawing, such as text, lines, etc.?

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the software, a feature of the software, or simply something I'm not understanding.

* July 05, 2017, 03:18:47 PM
Can you post a file with one of the offending blocks,   I just checked in v21 and had no problem selecting the block or external reference,  the normal left / right rules worked fine,

* July 05, 2017, 03:51:12 PM
Attached are 2 files.  File "Drawing1.tcw" contains a block called "external_reference1.tcw".  Both files should be placed in the same directory before opening file "Drawing1.tcw", at least if I selected "relative path", which I think I did.  Thanks!

* July 05, 2017, 06:40:49 PM
Sorry but this needs checking by someone more knowledgeable than me,  I did quite a few tests on you files and can't pinpoint a cause.

I copy/pasted the xref drawing into a new file, inserted it into your drawing, left to right select worked ok.
If I select the objects in xref1 and use save as - with selection tick-box ticked, it inserts and left to right works ok.

Whatever I do using the original xref file left to right doesn't work in drawing1  EXCEPT -
If I zoom right out (1%) and drag left right it will select, this suggests there in something happening when certain files are xref'd causing some file or block internal reference to be way out in space, thus preventing left to right until zoomed way out to include this ref.

No idea why, this may be one that the programmers need to have a look at,  your file works the same in v2017.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 06:48:25 PM by Andy H »

* July 05, 2017, 09:17:59 PM
I gave the drawing a try in V21 Platinum and couldn't select the External Reference when going from Left-to-Right.

I started a New from Scratch drawing and created an External Reference. I couldn't select that External Reference either.

I repeated the test in TurboCAD 2017 Platinum and got the same results; can't select the External Reference when going from Left-to-Right.

I'd call it a BUG and posted it in the Beta forum. I tested this in other versions:

Version 20— OK
Version 21— Broken
Version 22 (2015)  — OK
Version 23 (2016)— Broken
Version 24 (2017)— Broken
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:44:29 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* July 06, 2017, 08:58:59 AM
Thank you both for your help on this.  Being a newbie to TC, it's nice to know that at least I'm not doing something wrong.  One of the nice things about TC is this forum, and getting quick answers to my questions/problems.  You guys are great!