TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Set out an box with rotation/angle and snap directly in place?
Read 1286 times
* July 01, 2017, 03:32:28 AM
Gents,

I have looked for option to set out an box.. Thick: 15mm width = 60mm Length = X or between two indicated point in attached drawing.

I wounder if TC in any version have some option to set out this box directly between this points.

What I do now is: Set out  rotated box on point on box corner, box comes out horisontal. Move ref point to corner and rotate.
After or before move center box too indicated points.

All tip is very welcome!

I also attach the TC file if any have some time to test?

-NeverStop-
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:37:05 AM by NeverStop »

* July 01, 2017, 04:00:04 AM
Actually I struggle finish this also. See pictures!

The last operation when I try rotate and snap in place to the help line inside red circle in last picture.

The rotate operation does not allow me to do what I want.

Step 1. Set out the rotated box
Step 2. Move and center the box
Step 3. Rotate and snap and position the help line... But how  ???

Any help welcome!

-NeverStop-

* July 01, 2017, 07:45:40 AM
Please see attached for a couple of ways to achieve this (there are other ways).

Once the box is snapped to end of cylinder, went to side view, and 'workplane plane by view',   a red polyline is drawn and the angle measured to get the y rotation angle, though the angle dimension precision / round-off will have to be increased to get the required accuracy,   or a perpendicular line from the lower red line snapped to its vertex,  the  'z' handle of the box can be grabbed and rotated and snapped to this blue line.

* July 01, 2017, 08:31:54 AM
Thanks Andy, Just to see other involved gives some energy and I am not tossing the keyboard in the wall :-)

Well I was thinking it was a kind of get cheat TC to believe the surface was horisontal.
And I assume this is work plan. So I used workplane by 3 point and.

I just added the file here before I adjusting the beam. Center and adjust correct line.

I hope any of the Guro's may give us the best solution. When this first section is in place I wanna draw all again and record it for my and other futures refereneces...

Actually its just minor adjustments, and this section is done for the most important reason measurements.