TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Lofted Bottle w Groove
Read 1686 times
June 29, 2017, 07:12:13 PM
Bottle created using loft with guides and some hidden functions to create the recessed groove.

Check out my YouTube Channel for video tutorial illustrating its creation. No shadow catcher or cap in the tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyDSb2bK8E

* June 30, 2017, 09:28:09 AM
Thanks Don for another one of your useful tutorials.
And some people say there are no tutorials for TurboCAD!!! - clearly they have not visited your website and bought one of your tutorials!

Kind Regards
Michael Campbell

Michael Campbell
TurboCad Pro Platinum v21.2, Windows 10 Pro 64, AMD Ryzen 1600X, 16Gb  ram, AMD Firepro W4100 graphics

July 01, 2017, 05:38:11 PM
Thank Don for the tutorial. Your skills with all tools are brilliant in every video tutorials.

I did try create similar bottle with groove with SMesh. I only wanted to know if is possible  ::)

WorkPC->HP Z620 2x E5-2680v2 2,8GHz, 64GB RAM,Quadro K4000, 400GB SSD+2TB HDD, Win10 Pro 64bit
HomePC->i7-3770 CPU 3,40GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 760, 120+60GB SSD, Win7 HP 64bit

TC Pro Plat x64
www.invent-dizajn.sk, www.facebook.com/marian.jurcak

July 01, 2017, 05:51:27 PM
Thanks Michael.

Thanks Marian. How would you rate doing your bottle with smesh? Would you say it was difficult to do with smesh or not too hard?

July 02, 2017, 08:39:39 AM
Thanks Marian. How would you rate doing your bottle with smesh? Would you say it was difficult to do with smesh or not too hard?

I do not know Don. It is a "game" with "one" objects which is on the start very simple and then is add the IsoLine and moving with the points, lines or faces and creasing edges. Second variant I made in 15 minutes (is in the attachment as ePack).

For me has SMesh something more in himself for nice looking objects on the end. The corners is never "precise" in the meaning as "cad" objects which has their corners rounded with precise diameter/radius or with "sharp" edges. If we are talking about models as bottle as is yours for example.

And maybe next change shape as whole object is for me easier and faster as I do not have to modeled new objects from the beginnig.(Bottle with Groove_with_SMesh_v2_var.jpg)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 08:43:36 AM by Majo »

WorkPC->HP Z620 2x E5-2680v2 2,8GHz, 64GB RAM,Quadro K4000, 400GB SSD+2TB HDD, Win10 Pro 64bit
HomePC->i7-3770 CPU 3,40GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 760, 120+60GB SSD, Win7 HP 64bit

TC Pro Plat x64
www.invent-dizajn.sk, www.facebook.com/marian.jurcak

July 02, 2017, 09:11:05 AM

I do not know Don. It is a "game" with "one" objects which is on the start very simple and then is add the IsoLine and moving with the points, lines or faces and creasing edges. Second variant I made in 15 minutes (is in the attachment as ePack).

For me has SMesh something more in himself for nice looking objects on the end. The corners is never "precise" in the meaning as "cad" objects which has their corners rounded with precise diameter/radius or with "sharp" edges. If we are talking about models as bottle as is yours for example.

And maybe next change shape as whole object is for me easier and faster as I do not have to modeled new objects from the beginnig.(Bottle with Groove_with_SMesh_v2_var.jpg)

Thanks. I haven't spent much time with smesh like operations (none really in TurboCAD, but I did try it a bit in Fusion 360) but enough to understand what you talked about. Thanks for sharing.

Your vase looks amazing.