TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

TC 17.2 platinum > 19.2 Platinum win10pro upgrade problem.
Read 247 times
* June 24, 2017, 05:15:17 AM
Gents,

I did a fresh reinstall of my win10 pro. Installed my TC17.2 Pl. activated. And it runs all good.
Next download the 19.2 pro patch and this fails to install. I get up a window telling me the program, the patch try upgrade is not present on the PC... ++++  I have installed as ADMIN. I done the same on two win10 installs and same result.

I have had 19.2 platinum running on the same computer before.

Maybe Microsoft have done some patches or changes? I downloaded all patches. 4gb. Before TC install.

Anyone seen this issue, and can give me some tips to help me ?

All help is welcome!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 06:36:08 AM by NeverStop »

* June 24, 2017, 06:45:48 AM
Can I please ask for some clarification as I don't understand your requirements.

Going off what you wrote, you seem to be trying to install the 19.2 patch without installing and activating the v19 program first, are the version numbers simply a typing error, or is that the case.

If you have the v19 serial number and activation code, but are having problems installing the v19 program, you may be able to install v19 using the full build downloaded from here  http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,8998.0.html   

* June 24, 2017, 06:54:07 AM
Thanks for your reply Andy,

TC 17.2 pro pl. is up running and I try upgrade to the 19.2 pro pl.

The message is something like this. The program you try upgrade is not installled, yada yada!

However I think the issue may be I have properly downloaded the patch from 19.0 to 19.2 and not the full build to 19.2
I will not know before I get back later this evening.

And ofcourse I let you all know about my mistake :-)

Best regards
NeverStop

* June 24, 2017, 08:58:10 AM
When you Upgrade from 17 to 19, you install the full v 19 latest build, in your serialnumber there is a code that tell the installer that it is an upgrade, so during the installation you will be asked for the serial number for the v 17 in this case, or maybe it will ask for it when you try to start v 19 first time.
Thats why the installer tell you that you try to install a update to a program that is not there, i guess maybe you try to instal a update of v 19, and not a upgrade. if that make sense :)

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* June 24, 2017, 09:19:24 AM
Thanks for help! Yepp and I just figured out and you right Torfinn.

This was my way to do:

1. Download full build here on forum, install and feed with serial.
2. Feed with old 17.2 serial
3 Activate.
4. In about upgrade and feed with serial/activation for platinum.
5. Done!

I made myself an procedure with all serial/activation and file I store in my online disk. (cloud).

Since I do a very clean install maybe I upgrade to 21 and start all over again.

Thanks for help and I hope this may help any other in same situation!

Best regards
NeverStop