TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Purse
Read 2606 times
* June 22, 2017, 07:20:32 PM
Something a bit different...

Henry H

* June 22, 2017, 08:05:32 PM
That is a novel subject for these forums, Henry.  Your usual standards displayed too.  If you hadn't had the daisy lining, you could have labelled it, a la Seinfeld, a man bag or a "handy European carry-all".   Have you seen the prices on some of these things, BTW?  A bank mistakenly credited a woman's account with a couple of million dollars that weren't hers, she had a crack at spending it before the error was corrected and one of her first purchases was an Hermes bag or clutch or however-you-dignify-it, that has a tag of $375K.   There's gold in them hills.       

* June 23, 2017, 08:17:29 AM
After reading your post, Murray, I thought that Hermes seems like a good agent for disposing of one's money so I went Eshopping. Don't know where that lady found a $375K model; nothing I saw was that regal. One site featured a movie starring a beautiful young lady and a Hermes handbag with an unusual clasp. It was a palladium-plated, scaled-down version of the sliding bolt we had on the cellar door when I was a kid, to keep burglars out. The young lady was quite enthusiastic about this clasp, caressing it and sliding it back and forth and becoming more and more excited. I was embarrassed and switched to a different page.

The most expensive model I was able to find costs just $95K. Not top-of-the line, evidently, but it's still pretty good, and it's in stock and ready for shipment. Comes with two dust bags and a rain jacket. And a box. But I didn't like the color and logged off without buying anything.

Henry H

* June 23, 2017, 10:37:58 AM
very nice job on the bag,  (the interior isn't to my personal taste),  not being something I know anything about, I just searched expensive bags, and I do like the hermes one by 'Ginza Tanaka'  which a few years ago was only $1.9 millon, and would be a challenge to draw in TC.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:42:51 AM by Andy H »

* June 23, 2017, 11:20:44 AM
very nice job on the bag,  (the interior isn't to my personal taste),  not being something I know anything about, I just searched expensive bags, and I do like the hermes one by 'Ginza Tanaka'  which a few years ago was only $1.9 millon, and would be a challenge to draw in TC.

Worth every penny, I'm sure. I just had a look at that, and it would indeed be a challenge to draw in tc. The clasp alone would swamp my 'puter.

I tried to find something similar at Walmart for less money, but they don't have anything that fancy.

Henry H
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:30:28 AM by Henry Hubich »

June 23, 2017, 12:21:03 PM
Very nicely done, as always. How about a lipstick tube or compact to give some scale?

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 19.2 Pro Platinum 64 bit
v 14.2 Pro
Turbo Floor Plan Pro v 15
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* June 23, 2017, 12:56:23 PM
Very nicely done, as always. How about a lipstick tube or compact to give some scale?

Thanks. I just happen to have one of those...

Henry H

* June 23, 2017, 05:01:22 PM
After reading your post, Murray, I thought that Hermes seems like a good agent for disposing of one's money so.....I didn't like the color and logged off without buying anything.

Henry H

I Googled and discovered that one that changed hands for $1.9M, it was an exclusive one-off, the $375K item is available to order, commonplace!
If I bought one, I'd not have anything to put in it afterwards.

June 26, 2017, 06:56:52 PM

Thanks. I just happen to have one of those...

Henry H
And there's nothing wrong with that . . . ;)

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 19.2 Pro Platinum 64 bit
v 14.2 Pro
Turbo Floor Plan Pro v 15
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* June 27, 2017, 02:15:12 AM
Very nice indeed and I do like the detail.

Daz

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2018 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD