TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Purse
Read 408 times
* June 22, 2017, 07:20:32 PM
Something a bit different...

Henry H

* June 22, 2017, 08:05:32 PM
That is a novel subject for these forums, Henry.  Your usual standards displayed too.  If you hadn't had the daisy lining, you could have labelled it, a la Seinfeld, a man bag or a "handy European carry-all".   Have you seen the prices on some of these things, BTW?  A bank mistakenly credited a woman's account with a couple of million dollars that weren't hers, she had a crack at spending it before the error was corrected and one of her first purchases was an Hermes bag or clutch or however-you-dignify-it, that has a tag of $375K.   There's gold in them hills.       

* June 23, 2017, 08:17:29 AM
After reading your post, Murray, I thought that Hermes seems like a good agent for disposing of one's money so I went Eshopping. Don't know where that lady found a $375K model; nothing I saw was that regal. One site featured a movie starring a beautiful young lady and a Hermes handbag with an unusual clasp. It was a palladium-plated, scaled-down version of the sliding bolt we had on the cellar door when I was a kid, to keep burglars out. The young lady was quite enthusiastic about this clasp, caressing it and sliding it back and forth and becoming more and more excited. I was embarrassed and switched to a different page.

The most expensive model I was able to find costs just $95K. Not top-of-the line, evidently, but it's still pretty good, and it's in stock and ready for shipment. Comes with two dust bags and a rain jacket. And a box. But I didn't like the color and logged off without buying anything.

Henry H

* June 23, 2017, 10:37:58 AM
very nice job on the bag,  (the interior isn't to my personal taste),  not being something I know anything about, I just searched expensive bags, and I do like the hermes one by 'Ginza Tanaka'  which a few years ago was only $1.9 millon, and would be a challenge to draw in TC.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:42:51 AM by Andy H »

* June 23, 2017, 11:20:44 AM
very nice job on the bag,  (the interior isn't to my personal taste),  not being something I know anything about, I just searched expensive bags, and I do like the hermes one by 'Ginza Tanaka'  which a few years ago was only $1.9 millon, and would be a challenge to draw in TC.

Worth every penny, I'm sure. I just had a look at that, and it would indeed be a challenge to draw in tc. The clasp alone would swamp my 'puter.

I tried to find something similar at Walmart for less money, but they don't have anything that fancy.

Henry H
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:30:28 AM by Henry Hubich »

June 23, 2017, 12:21:03 PM
Very nicely done, as always. How about a lipstick tube or compact to give some scale?

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 19.2 Pro Platinum 64 bit
v 14.2 Pro
Turbo Floor Plan Pro v 15
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* June 23, 2017, 12:56:23 PM
Very nicely done, as always. How about a lipstick tube or compact to give some scale?

Thanks. I just happen to have one of those...

Henry H

* June 23, 2017, 05:01:22 PM
After reading your post, Murray, I thought that Hermes seems like a good agent for disposing of one's money so.....I didn't like the color and logged off without buying anything.

Henry H

I Googled and discovered that one that changed hands for $1.9M, it was an exclusive one-off, the $375K item is available to order, commonplace!
If I bought one, I'd not have anything to put in it afterwards.

June 26, 2017, 06:56:52 PM

Thanks. I just happen to have one of those...

Henry H
And there's nothing wrong with that . . . ;)

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 19.2 Pro Platinum 64 bit
v 14.2 Pro
Turbo Floor Plan Pro v 15
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* June 27, 2017, 02:15:12 AM
Very nice indeed and I do like the detail.

Daz

Darryl
TCW 2015 Platinum, TCW 2016 Platinum, TCW 2017 Platinum, Graficalc & Windows 10
using Lightworks & Redsdk