It is sometimes required to enlarge or reduce the size of a set of objects without changing the size of the objects themselves (i.e., to change the distances between objects without changing the objects). Here's a way to do it...
1. The objects must be ACIS Solids. "Primitives" such as Spheres, Boxes, or the like, if created as Solids must be exploded to make them ACIS Solids.
2. In Options>ACIS, DISable "Allow axis scale."
3. Select all of the objects in the set, type the required value in the ScaleX field of the Inspector Bar and press Enter.
4. While the objects are still selected, type the required value in the ScaleY field and press Enter. Do not try to rescale X and Y simultaneously.
5. With the objects still selected, type the required value in the ScaleZ field and press Enter. Do not try to rescale Y and Z simultaneously.
Note that the scaling factors need not be the same for each axis.