TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Circles on Centers
Read 202 times
* June 07, 2017, 10:35:31 AM
I am using TC 2016 deluxe and trying to do "Circles on Centers" The instructions state "position the cursor over the edge of the upper left arc until the magnetic tracker snaps to a center". In the instructions the cursor is an arrow, mine stays crosshairs, and nothing happens when I move the cursor over the arc. I have activated the Center snap and magnetic pointer.
This is a training exercise from "TurboCad 2D3D Basic Training" module.
Thank you for any help
Eldon

* June 07, 2017, 11:04:51 AM
The magnetic tracker will not always snap to the center. When you hover over the arc, you should see a crosshair cusor with the "center snap" icon attached, as in the screen capture I've attached to this message. You should also see a small red diamond at the center of the arc. When you do see this display, click the left mouse button to establish the center of the circle you wish to draw, then drag the cursor to start generating the circle. Your next mouse click (or your entry in the Inspector Bar) will establish the radius of the circle and finish its creation.

Henry H

* June 07, 2017, 11:06:59 AM
You may have SNAP turned off. If the SNAP icon (next to the Coordinate fields) is grayed-out, you won't see any of the running snap features, such as a little square at the center of the arc.

You could use the "C" key to go to the center of the arc when SNAP is turned off.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* June 07, 2017, 05:37:56 PM
Thank you so much, I have been trying that darn thing forever. Going to do a bunch of them for practice.
Eldon