TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Wish my 3D looked like this
Read 289 times
* June 01, 2017, 12:05:58 PM
One of these drawings, The second image is from another program (don't know what is being used - might be autocad). The first image  is an actual screen shot of my TC 2017 Deluxe with the lightest colors I can get and still too dark shadows.
 The purpose of this topic is to ask how do I get similar results with TC 2017 Deluxe Version. I have selected the lightest color I can find and still the object has dark deep shadows and too much highlighting. I would like to have the 3D shadows, etc, be more closer to colors like a slight darker gray and a much lighter gray.
The last image is the best I can do and I actually change the Model Space Background color and change the perspective, but still - not quite what I am looking for. But I think this is a start.  If I keep the background model space white, then I start to look not good as the light background turns to pure white and blends in with the white background and I loose the look of 3D.
It seems like the (autocad ?) image in the middle, the shadows are reversed ??

I appreciate any feedback on this if anyone has the time.

Thanks
Donnie
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:17:08 PM by DDriskell »

* June 01, 2017, 12:25:40 PM
You want to fiddle with the Render Scene Environment, not the Model Space Background. And IMO the default lights are not well specified. I'd suggest that you try using just one "Headlight" and one "Ambient" light for starters, with the Color of each set to (128,128,128) and the Power set to one watt.

Henry H

* June 02, 2017, 12:34:24 PM
Thanks Henry. I had forgotten the path to the headlight function (haven't used it in a long time).  I can do a little better in what I want now.

Thanks
Donnie