TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

VBA (VB Scripts) Text Settings
Read 179 times
* May 23, 2017, 03:09:02 PM
I have Visual Basic for Apps program in Excel that obtains the coordinates of a point from TC, enters it in an Excel spreadsheet and then labels the point in TC.  Everything works fine except the text settings.  I've discovered that the text added to TC is controlled by the current settings of the Lines tool including layer, color, etc.  However, since some text settings cannot be set in Lines, I always get Times New Roman as the font, for example.  Can anybody tell me how to change the text settings?

"Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."

--Booker T. Washington,
American educator and political leader

* May 23, 2017, 03:25:35 PM
This is probably controlled by the Font settings in "TurboCAD Explorer" palette. Expand "Settings", then "Built-In", then go down to "System_Defaults" and "Drawing_Defaults". Look for the "Font" property and click in the "Times New Roman" value to select the font you want as a default. I'm not sure which font setting controls your particular problem, so you may as well do both. Restart TurboCAD.

I hope this works for you.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:16:33 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* May 24, 2017, 07:03:33 AM
I do not know which setting was the solution, but it worked.  There was not a Drawing Defaults Font on my Palette in TC 2016, but I changed the Font in Files - Program Defaults and Settings - Built-in - System Defaults.  I had to restart TC and Excel, but now it uses the font I want for the VBA program and the default for drawing.

Thanks

"Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."

--Booker T. Washington,
American educator and political leader