TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

How to Save a Template
Read 439 times
May 16, 2017, 01:14:58 AM
Before saving the template file TurboCAD must be running as administrator so right click on the TurboCAD icon and choose Run As Administrator. Then set up your template the way you want from your already existing drawing that has all your styles in it. Then click File/-Save As and change the file type to .tct. Save the file to this location -

If 64 bit
C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\(TurboCAD Version)\Template

If 32 bit
C:\Program Files(x86)\IMSIDesign\TC(TurboCAD Version)\Template
After you do this to open the template and start drawing in it you can just go to File→ New→ New From Template and choose the Template by it’s name.

May 16, 2017, 01:32:03 PM
These locations are correct only if you accepted the default locations during installation.

For a time, I had them point towards a Folder in My Documents so that I could include my setups in backups of my Data folder.  An additional advantage of this is that you don't have to be in Administrator mode to save a new Template or Custom Workspace.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

May 17, 2017, 04:38:03 AM
Yeah Jeff, thank your for adding this piece of information.  :P

Khadija