TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Background color in 2017 Platinum
Read 160 times
May 13, 2017, 06:14:48 PM
Today, I upgraded from TC Platinum V19.2 to 2017 Platinum.  I tried to open the last drawing I was working on, after installation of 2017, from V19.2.  The background color is black, and no amount of re-setting the background color (which shows white in the selector) (Options/Drawing Setup/Background Color) changes the actual background color.  Even opening a new drawing from scratch gives me the same result.  I've done the Built-in folder clear out, but it doesn't seem to make a differenced.  Anyone else suffering from this issue?  Thanks, Steve

Steven D. Thompson

* May 13, 2017, 06:37:56 PM
Just curious: have you tried any colors besides black and white?

Henry H

May 14, 2017, 04:13:44 AM
Hi Steven,

I believe the installation defaults to running under RedSDK.  :-\
Have you tried using GDI, available under Options/Native Draw?

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

May 15, 2017, 10:11:28 AM
I haven't tried colors other than black, but I did try running the program from the icon, right clicking, and running as administrator, and then using GDI, and I got to a state where I could successfully change the background color.  I thank you all for your sage and useful advice.  Now to see if 2017 healed some of the issues I was having in V19.2 with 3D shapes, not being able to be shelled.  I'm running this program in Parallels, on a new 5K 27" iMac, which I realize creates some issues, as the native graphics card doesn't quite work the same when run as a simulation of Windows 10.  The screen is fantastic, though.  Thanks again.  Steve

Steven D. Thompson