TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Background color in 2017 Platinum
Read 309 times
May 13, 2017, 06:14:48 PM
Today, I upgraded from TC Platinum V19.2 to 2017 Platinum.  I tried to open the last drawing I was working on, after installation of 2017, from V19.2.  The background color is black, and no amount of re-setting the background color (which shows white in the selector) (Options/Drawing Setup/Background Color) changes the actual background color.  Even opening a new drawing from scratch gives me the same result.  I've done the Built-in folder clear out, but it doesn't seem to make a differenced.  Anyone else suffering from this issue?  Thanks, Steve

Steven D. Thompson

* May 13, 2017, 06:37:56 PM
Just curious: have you tried any colors besides black and white?

Henry H

May 14, 2017, 04:13:44 AM
Hi Steven,

I believe the installation defaults to running under RedSDK.  :-\
Have you tried using GDI, available under Options/Native Draw?

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

May 15, 2017, 10:11:28 AM
I haven't tried colors other than black, but I did try running the program from the icon, right clicking, and running as administrator, and then using GDI, and I got to a state where I could successfully change the background color.  I thank you all for your sage and useful advice.  Now to see if 2017 healed some of the issues I was having in V19.2 with 3D shapes, not being able to be shelled.  I'm running this program in Parallels, on a new 5K 27" iMac, which I realize creates some issues, as the native graphics card doesn't quite work the same when run as a simulation of Windows 10.  The screen is fantastic, though.  Thanks again.  Steve

Steven D. Thompson