TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Customize tools/icons TC 2015 Pro Platinum
Read 94 times
* May 11, 2017, 07:22:51 AM
I'm customizing the screen layout via tools/customize and I save the new layout. When I click on CLOSE to exit the Customize window, the screen flickers. The new layout that I saved disappears and the default layout is displayed. I go back to the tools/customize window and try loading my "customized layout". It comes up. But as I close the Customize window the screen flickers and my changed layout disappears again.
I have TC 18 deluxe installed. I've tried using both TC18 and TCProPlat15. I've also tried using only TCProPlat15 after a restart (sans any trace of TC18 in memory). Same problem.
Any advice?

* May 11, 2017, 02:23:40 PM
sorry I can't help as I've not had that problem,  can I ask, when you say the screen flashes, do you mean the whole monitor screen, or just the customise dialog box,   I have occasionally made the dialog flash, so I just click once on the windows taskbar which stop it flashing.

May 11, 2017, 03:58:10 PM
I'm customizing the screen layout via tools/customize and I save the new layout. When I click on CLOSE to exit the Customize window, the screen flickers. The new layout that I saved disappears and the default layout is displayed. I go back to the tools/customize window and try loading my "customized layout". It comes up. But as I close the Customize window the screen flickers and my changed layout disappears again.

With a CAD file open, and after you load your preferred settings via the Customize / Load From: selection, modify the Workspace name under the Save In: button to a new name then click the Save In: button, followed by the Close button.

Exit your CAD file, then open it again.  Bring up the Customize popup menu, select the new Workspace name under the Load From: button, then click Load From: followed by Close and exit your CAD file.

Now, open another CAD file and see if your settings are as desired.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1