TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Customize tools/icons TC 2015 Pro Platinum
Read 172 times
* May 11, 2017, 07:22:51 AM
I'm customizing the screen layout via tools/customize and I save the new layout. When I click on CLOSE to exit the Customize window, the screen flickers. The new layout that I saved disappears and the default layout is displayed. I go back to the tools/customize window and try loading my "customized layout". It comes up. But as I close the Customize window the screen flickers and my changed layout disappears again.
I have TC 18 deluxe installed. I've tried using both TC18 and TCProPlat15. I've also tried using only TCProPlat15 after a restart (sans any trace of TC18 in memory). Same problem.
Any advice?

* May 11, 2017, 02:23:40 PM
sorry I can't help as I've not had that problem,  can I ask, when you say the screen flashes, do you mean the whole monitor screen, or just the customise dialog box,   I have occasionally made the dialog flash, so I just click once on the windows taskbar which stop it flashing.

May 11, 2017, 03:58:10 PM
I'm customizing the screen layout via tools/customize and I save the new layout. When I click on CLOSE to exit the Customize window, the screen flickers. The new layout that I saved disappears and the default layout is displayed. I go back to the tools/customize window and try loading my "customized layout". It comes up. But as I close the Customize window the screen flickers and my changed layout disappears again.

With a CAD file open, and after you load your preferred settings via the Customize / Load From: selection, modify the Workspace name under the Save In: button to a new name then click the Save In: button, followed by the Close button.

Exit your CAD file, then open it again.  Bring up the Customize popup menu, select the new Workspace name under the Load From: button, then click Load From: followed by Close and exit your CAD file.

Now, open another CAD file and see if your settings are as desired.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1