TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Sudden appearance of red lines
Read 261 times
* May 08, 2017, 10:32:25 AM
In opening a recently saved file I was given a warning about "Save/open" several times before the file finally decided to open. Once open, every time I snapped on a point vertical and horizontal lines appeared, and remained as I continued to snap.- see snapshot.
At some stage the redsk warning appeared.

How do I resolve this issue?

I'm using 2016 Pro
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 10:37:08 AM by james burtt »

* May 08, 2017, 11:57:57 AM
Don't know about your Redstuff warning, but this should get rid of the red lines: Right-click on the word "SNAP" at the bottom of your screen to open the Drawing Aids dialog. Near the bottom of that page, DISable "Extended Ortho" and "Apparent Intesection."

Henry H

* May 08, 2017, 12:09:45 PM
The RedSDK warning is suggesting at some point a luminance was applied either to an object or global, and then the luminance itself was deleted whilst there was still a reference to it via an object or global,  RedSDK unfortunately can be funny that way and can remember things even after a luminance has been removed,  I suggest just turning off the dialog (tick don't show again) as the easiest solution, but one can try to find the culprit by checking all objects for any luminance applied if wished.

* May 08, 2017, 01:13:31 PM
Yeah Henry. Good call. All the snaps were selected, which must have happened when I eventually managed to open the file after several tries. Very bizarre.
Also just switching off the error was an equally good piece of advice. It obeys its instruction to stay switched off.

Thanks very much equally for your help.
Nick