TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Stair Rail
Read 255 times
May 07, 2017, 05:19:06 PM
Anybody remember how to get a stair rail moved fully onto the stairs?

May 07, 2017, 05:42:15 PM
Never mind, I found it on the selection info palette under Location, Side Offset

May 07, 2017, 06:13:53 PM
How about how to fix this guard rail oddity? Any ideas?

* May 07, 2017, 07:12:39 PM

I'm guessing that you're writing another of your priceless tutorials, Don. If so, have you considered suggesting the alternative approach of making one's own rail instead of being satisfied with the limited options in the Railing tool? For example, a rail can be a custom profile swept along a 3D Path, and a fancy post can be formatted as a Block and then strung along the railing using one of the Pattern options.

Henry H

May 07, 2017, 07:46:27 PM

I'm guessing that you're writing another of your priceless tutorials, Don. If so, have you considered suggesting the alternative approach of making one's own rail instead of being satisfied with the limited options in the Railing tool? For example, a rail can be a custom profile swept along a 3D Path, and a fancy post can be formatted as a Block and then strung along the railing using one of the Pattern options.

Henry H

That is a good idea Henry and I am sure I will consider it, since it is a new feature to boot. The rail tool is most definitely limiting.

* May 07, 2017, 09:35:54 PM
re: …rail oddity…

See the Rail Properties topic in the Beta forum. These oddities have been around for years and I don't expect to ever see them fixed. As Henry recommended, use non-architectural tools to create a railing.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

May 08, 2017, 06:25:46 AM
re: …rail oddity…

See the Rail Properties topic in the Beta forum. These oddities have been around for years and I don't expect to ever see them fixed. As Henry recommended, use non-architectural tools to create a railing.

Thanks John. I appreciate you keeping track of all these issues. It helps to know we are not doing it wrong, but rather the program is in error and when illustrating tools to knew users they can be made aware of such deficiencies.