TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Material Palette Settings
Read 260 times
May 05, 2017, 06:22:52 PM
I have reinstalled V21 Pro Platinum on my new computer that runs Windows 10. My Materials, Environments and Luminance palettes don't remember that last selected category after I close the program and reopen. I have never seen this behavior before and I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and found a solution? Deleting the Built-In folder doesn't help.

May 05, 2017, 07:21:13 PM
I ran the troubleshoot compatibility function and can get the desired behavior if I run in window 7 mode. Only drawback now is that I have to give the computer permission to make the changes every time I start TC V21. Too bad there isn't a option to have this change made without having to give permission. Maybe there is a Windows option somewhere to allow that. Seems to me in Windows 7 I had at one point made a selection so that permission was given automatically when installing new software.

May 05, 2017, 07:24:27 PM

May 06, 2017, 01:37:55 AM
As it says, not the recommended solution.

Did you remember to install in Administrator Mode?  That's been a consistent bugaboo for several programs.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

May 06, 2017, 05:37:12 AM
As it says, not the recommended solution.

Did you remember to install in Administrator Mode?  That's been a consistent bugaboo for several programs.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I tried installing as administrator and everything else I could think of. I am not worried about the 'not recommended' setting. That is how I ran with Windows 7 for all the years I had it and never had any unexpected issues. I always hated how the screen would black out and show the permission dialog - always seemed like overkill.