TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Material Palette Settings
Read 190 times
May 05, 2017, 06:22:52 PM
I have reinstalled V21 Pro Platinum on my new computer that runs Windows 10. My Materials, Environments and Luminance palettes don't remember that last selected category after I close the program and reopen. I have never seen this behavior before and I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and found a solution? Deleting the Built-In folder doesn't help.

May 05, 2017, 07:21:13 PM
I ran the troubleshoot compatibility function and can get the desired behavior if I run in window 7 mode. Only drawback now is that I have to give the computer permission to make the changes every time I start TC V21. Too bad there isn't a option to have this change made without having to give permission. Maybe there is a Windows option somewhere to allow that. Seems to me in Windows 7 I had at one point made a selection so that permission was given automatically when installing new software.

May 05, 2017, 07:24:27 PM

May 06, 2017, 01:37:55 AM
As it says, not the recommended solution.

Did you remember to install in Administrator Mode?  That's been a consistent bugaboo for several programs.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

May 06, 2017, 05:37:12 AM
As it says, not the recommended solution.

Did you remember to install in Administrator Mode?  That's been a consistent bugaboo for several programs.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I tried installing as administrator and everything else I could think of. I am not worried about the 'not recommended' setting. That is how I ran with Windows 7 for all the years I had it and never had any unexpected issues. I always hated how the screen would black out and show the permission dialog - always seemed like overkill.