TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

How to trim / breakout multiple entities at once?
Read 278 times
* May 02, 2017, 05:31:11 AM
Hello,

I am trialing TurboCAD Expert at the moment.

If for example I have a circle with lots of lines running in and out of it like in the attached example and I want to clean up to look the example on the right - what would be the quickest way of doing something like this please?

Is there a breakout command or something?

Many Thanks

Clive

* May 02, 2017, 07:15:43 AM
Under Tools - Modify, select trim.  It will them prompt you to define the cutting edge, click on the circle.  Next it will prompt you to Select objects to trim, click on the portions of the lines outside the circle.  If any of those lines are polylines, you may have to explode them first.

* May 02, 2017, 07:53:48 AM
Another option is to use the Modify/ Detail Section tool if there is many lines to cut
Place a small circle in a q point of the circle, and make the section in 1:1 or scale if you want and place it somewhere and then explode it
Set the refpoint ( klick D ) of the big circle to same q point as the small and copy the big cicle to the center of the arch you now have, delete the arch, finish

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* May 02, 2017, 12:27:43 PM
Another option is to use the Modify/ Detail Section tool if there is many lines to cut
Place a small circle in a q point of the circle, and make the section in 1:1 or scale if you want and place it somewhere and then explode it
Set the refpoint ( klick D ) of the big circle to same q point as the small and copy the big cicle to the center of the arch you now have, delete the arch, finish

Torfinn

That's interesting; I'd never used that tool. Works only on 2D objects, but they can be Lines, Polylines, Circles, Curves, or a Brush pattern.

Henry H
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:31:21 PM by Henry Hubich »