TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

saving as .DXF
Read 297 times
* April 28, 2017, 09:46:34 AM
I'm using 2017 Pro and Windows 10. A customer has asked for their file to be sent to them as a .dxf. Every time I try to save as, Turbocad crashes on me. Is this a TC related problem. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.
*EDIT* One note to add. There are 3D drawings in the file if that makes a difference. *END EDIT*
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 09:50:27 AM by DonCW »

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* April 28, 2017, 10:01:25 AM
Hi Don, can I ask what the file consist of - general 3D shapes, or architecture stuff etc.

I just tried saving some simple 3D stuff  a couple of Boolean bits, and some thickened text as dxf and it saved OK, I opened it in Trueview to check (it just lost the thickness on the text)

* April 28, 2017, 02:02:10 PM
Hi Don, can I ask what the file consist of - general 3D shapes, or architecture stuff etc.

I just tried saving some simple 3D stuff  a couple of Boolean bits, and some thickened text as dxf and it saved OK, I opened it in Trueview to check (it just lost the thickness on the text)
Thanks Andy,

The file basically is made up simple 2D objects, Text and Dimensions. Also included is a basic 3d profile of a display table. After trying a few different ideas, I tried Ctrl -A to select all and created a group of the entire file. For some reason it then saved as a .dxf.
It's a new day in the TC learning curve.

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.