TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

3d object takes on layer color (SOLVED)
Read 209 times
* April 27, 2017, 06:49:53 PM
I have inserted a 3D range from the 3D Symbols Kitchen Library and when I changed the layer color, the range took on the layer color. But I wish for the range to remain black. I selected it and changed the pen color to black to override the layer color but it does not work for this object. In fact, I just tried the same with my own 2D symbols from my own library additions and the same thing occurs. ok, more testing and so far just one of my symbols remains colorfast; the others all change with the layer color.

? How do I gain control of block/symbol colors so they do not take on the color of the layer?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:32:54 AM by Andy H »

* April 27, 2017, 07:15:56 PM
Explode the Symbol one time (Format>Explode, or press Alt+Shift+E).

Henry H

* April 27, 2017, 07:26:28 PM
Thanks Henry; that works to enable setting colors independent of layer color. But there must be a better way; after all, one of my symbols is by chance color fast. And to have to explode all symbols inserted on a layer you need to have a layer color for is really really inefficient!

Any other thoughts?

* April 27, 2017, 09:17:18 PM
You can edit the block change the colour of the contents of the block to "by block" instead of "by layer".  Or to black if you always want the block to be black.
If it is "by block " you can change the without editing the block.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* April 28, 2017, 06:37:33 AM
Hey thank you Nikki! That solves things; it was maddening not having control of block / symbol colors independent of the layer colors. I will edit my custom library symbols by editing the blocks they contain and re-save them to the library.

Is there any way to mark this topic as solved??
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 06:42:03 AM by rpms »

* April 28, 2017, 08:04:11 AM

Though its not normally done, if you wished to mark a post as solved,  inside one of your existing posts click on 'Modify',  and edit the thread title by simply adding (Solved) onto the end of the existing title.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:32:27 AM by Andy H »

* April 28, 2017, 08:14:35 AM

click on 'Modify'

Thank you. I would like to do that as I am much in favor of having a way to know if a post is adequately solved or not. But I cannot find anyplace to click on "Modify". Where is it??

* April 28, 2017, 08:34:16 AM
Sorry, I assumed you would have the same links (most of them anyway), that I see - see attached,

In case not, I've added Solved to your thread title.  oh, I should have said it needed to be done using the first post in a thread.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:38:24 AM by Andy H »

* April 28, 2017, 08:45:24 AM
OK Andy, thank much. My page features do look different as the original poster. For your info see attachment. .. No! another problem! I see an icon for "Insert Image" but how to attach an image file??

* April 28, 2017, 08:47:52 AM
At the bottom of the 'Rely' window, click 'Attachments and other options'.
The 'Attach' feature will let you browse for one of the allowed file types (with a maximum file size of 4 MB).

* April 28, 2017, 08:52:56 AM
ok thank you Mr. Chapman; I am liking this forum - what great participation! Now I will attempt to attach my screen shot for Andy to see what I see for links.

Thanks all!

* April 28, 2017, 08:56:00 AM
Generally, for your original post you would click 'Modify', then edit the Subject line.