TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Can't see what I am doing once I select, v21
Read 267 times
* April 24, 2017, 04:43:22 PM
As I was adding more elements to the attached file, it started to malfunction.
 Sometimes it seems like I can't select, sometimes the screen simply stops showing me the status of my selection, or changes to it, so I am flying blind. 
For instance, I try to copy and paste a pillar, and I don't see the pasted pilllar unless I draw a box then come back to it with the selector.  Then I try to change where its reference point is, and the pillar disappears, so I cannot accurately relocate the reference point.  Reboot does not help.  Also, trying to change the layer things are on, often I cannot select.  Does anyone know about this? 
TCAD v21.2 build 71.0 on HP 350G1 Intel Core i3-4005U  1.7GHz 6GB RAM

* April 24, 2017, 05:08:55 PM
As I was adding more elements to the attached file, it started to malfunction.
 Sometimes it seems like I can't select, sometimes the screen simply stops showing me the status of my selection, or changes to it, so I am flying blind. 
For instance, I try to copy and paste a pillar, and I don't see the pasted pilllar unless I draw a box then come back to it with the selector.  Then I try to change where its reference point is, and the pillar disappears, so I cannot accurately relocate the reference point.  Reboot does not help.  Also, trying to change the layer things are on, often I cannot select.  Does anyone know about this? 
TCAD v21.2 build 71.0 on HP 350G1 Intel Core i3-4005U  1.7GHz 6GB RAM

Are you working in GDI mode and have you installed any new updates?

I have seen the 'selection" crap out before but only when working in redsdk mode. Switching to paperspace then back to modelspace usually refreshes the UI.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* April 24, 2017, 05:38:07 PM
I had no problems at all with the drawing in v21 Pro, using either GDI or Redstuff.

Henry H

April 25, 2017, 02:59:34 AM
I also did not have a problem loading the image in V21.  My default was set to GDI, but I switched back to RedSDK and it loaded very quickly.

I was able to Rubber Stamp a pillar with no visibility problem.

However, I am not using the latest version (hadn't used V21 in quite some time).  I have V21.2, Build 59.0.  I saw a prompt to update, but didn't accept it.  I wonder if that's part of the explanation.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* April 25, 2017, 06:40:58 AM
I also did not have a problem loading the image in V21.  My default was set to GDI, but I switched back to RedSDK and it loaded very quickly.

I was able to Rubber Stamp a pillar with no visibility problem.

However, I am not using the latest version (hadn't used V21 in quite some time).  I have V21.2, Build 59.0.  I saw a prompt to update, but didn't accept it.  I wonder if that's part of the explanation.

Jeff

My version is 21.2.59.0, 32-Bit.

Henry H

* April 25, 2017, 07:14:00 AM
No problem here with 21.2 build 71, some minor ghosting moving things in wireframe, and minor flicker when moving things in draft render, but it didn't cause any delays or problems, I only tried in GDI mode though.