TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Roof slabs
Read 266 times
* April 23, 2017, 03:03:59 PM
Hi,

I am helping my son with a drawing of his house so that I can undertake comprehensive modelling (it is also good practice for me using the architectural features of TC 2016 Platinum). His house is split level with the lower section having a gable roof with no eaves (soffits) on the gable ends but generous eaves along the length. The higher section has clerestorey windows and are essentially two separate skillion roofs with a common wall.
The problem should be able to resolved with roof slabs, but when I convert the polyline to a roof slab and then select properties, there are no options for roof thickness, pitch or pivot point. I have tried using 2D rectangles as well as 3D polylines without any success. Can someone help please?

Cheers

* April 23, 2017, 03:46:04 PM
Select the roofslab and look inside the Selection Info palette, there you should be able to adjust thickness, change to edit mode and Select it again, then you can activate Edit Pivot, selct the edge you want to use and set the slope or Rise/run inside Selection Info palette.
Then you press the Shift key and click on the Pivot edge and there will come a menu in Inspector bar where you can choose changing between Plumb, Squere or what angle you want

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* April 23, 2017, 03:48:13 PM
You'll find those options in the Selection Info palette after selecting the new Slab.

Henry H