TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Folder to save *.jpg files in
Read 420 times
* April 21, 2017, 07:44:26 AM
tc 2016, w7
When I save as a jpg file tc puts it in an "autobackup" folder.
How can I change it so it saves it in the correct folder (i.e.where I want it) without laborously entering the correct folder path each time.
I changed the autoback folder in options/file locations but it ignores the change and still puts it in an "autobackup" folder.

* April 21, 2017, 01:55:07 PM
It sounds like the top drawing in the "History" list of the "Save As" dialog is pointing to that folder. Click on the drop-down list and change "History" to "Drawings". This will save the JPG to the "Drawings" folder. You could also click on the "Save In" drop-down list and browse for a location. Select the "Recent Items" option to get to folders you have recently visited.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* April 22, 2017, 02:42:00 AM
Thanks for that.
However it is moot since I have now found that the jpg save does not work properly, portrait drawing are reduced onto landscape which is no good. Since I have a mix of landscape and portrait paper spaces it just isn't going to work. Have to use Cutepdf instead.

April 22, 2017, 03:06:52 AM
... I have now found that the jpg save does not work properly, portrait drawing are reduced onto landscape which is no good. Since I have a mix of landscape and portrait paper spaces it just isn't going to work. Have to use Cutepdf instead.

When you Save As and choose the JPEG file type, go into Setup and see the various options.  Choose the desired Width and Height values.  Note that the Without Margins radio button setting will be ignored (I've never seen it work).

If you want to save a view that is a detail instead of the entire object, be sure to activate the View radio button or you will not get what you are looking at.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* April 24, 2017, 11:39:49 AM
Sadly the height/width still leaves a margin to one side, all it does is distort the image so it is squeezed into the remaining space.

* April 24, 2017, 11:56:50 AM
Sadly the height/width still leaves a margin to one side, all it does is distort the image so it is squeezed into the remaining space.
Are you sure that you have the "Tile area" set correctly.

Height x width = Tile area
1200 HT x 2400 W= 2,880,000
Tile area is 3

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* April 24, 2017, 07:09:24 PM
Thanks for that.
However it is moot since I have now found that the jpg save does not work properly, portrait drawing are reduced onto landscape which is no good. Since I have a mix of landscape and portrait paper spaces it just isn't going to work. Have to use Cutepdf instead.

Are you sure-- in that JPG Setup dialog-- that you are entering as intended, the Height and Width boxes.

I get this wrong a lot.  Since, in TurboCAD, I am used to the X (left-to-right, on our screen) being before the Y (bottom-to-top, on our screen), in the Inspector Bar, etc., in image-types' Setups, when working quickly, I often inadvertently type in the desired value for the "Width" in the "Height" box, and vice-versa.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

April 25, 2017, 02:47:27 AM
Are you sure-- in that JPG Setup dialog-- that you are entering as intended, the Height and Width boxes.

I get this wrong a lot.  Since, in TurboCAD, I am used to the X (left-to-right, on our screen) being before the Y (bottom-to-top, on our screen), in the Inspector Bar, etc., in image-types' Setups, when working quickly, I often inadvertently type in the desired value for the "Width" in the "Height" box, and vice-versa.

Done that a few times myself.  I have finally integrated it into my situational awareness to check before rendering.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1